14. A blast from the past

I wanna take you somewhere so you know I careBut it's so cold and I don't know whereI brought you daffodils in a pretty stringBut they won't flower like they did last spring

But it's so cold and I don't know where
I brought you daffodils in a pretty string
But they won't flower like they did last spring

And I wanna kiss you, make you feel alright
I'm just so tired to share my nights

I wanna cry and I wanna love

But all my tears have been used up
.
.
.
.
.

~Shahveer

"Your friends are manipulating you. They are the ones who deceived you, dragged you towards the life which leads to hell. But I want to change your life and make you a better Muslim. Allah wants me to guide you. He has sent me to enlighten the path of your life. I want to add those colors in your life which you truly deserved. The colors which your friends have stolen away from you and misguided you towards the path which is astray!" She begged once again.

"One more word about them, and I will drag you out from here through my own hands and then you have to spend your night on the road outside. No one will come to help you. You will regret it then!" I gritted my teeth as my hands clenched into a fist.

This girl was getting on my nerves now! She kept on begging me as if I was the last man on Earth. She looked so cheap and sick while doing this.
Adamant to accept my misbehavior she kept on begging like a clingy beggar, hoping that I might show some mercy towards her.
But she was wrong.

Why would I even fall for a girl who doesn't even match my status?

" Shahveer, do you remember how much I cared for you, shared my candies with you? I used to give half of my toys to you when Alizeh used to break yours. Do you remember? I know you remember Shahveer. You are just pretending. Aren't you? I had been praying for your happiness, your health, your long life, and your success since two decades. You were always in my heart Shahveer. I never forgot you!" Hooriyah smiled innocently between her cries.

I shook my head with disgust and annoyance.

"I don't care who is standing here other than us. All I can see is you and only your presence matters to me. I am not afraid of anyone, neither I will hesitate. I am confessing something which I had always wanted to Shahveer. I love you, no matter what, please look at me, I am begging for your love, look at my hands, I am joining them in front of you!" She joined her hands like a beggar and confessed once again without any fear.

But I turned towards the counter to pick another glass, as watching her like this, was creating some sort of destruction inside my soul which I failed to recognize.