Turf Wars Pt. 1

Dex purred as he sat on Red's lap. They were sitting on a bench watching as the people of jump city walked about going on with their daily routines.

Red: Such a nice day. Too bad we have to beat some kid's ass.

Jinx smirked from her position before peeking out. She was on the rooftop across the street looking down at the boy and cat.

Red: Is he here yet?

???: Closer than you think.

Red leaped forward with Dex in his arms as a large arm slammed down on the bench they were occupying. Red flipped around and faced the large figure.

Red: Ten I'm guessing?

Ten: And you must be Red X

Ten: And you must be Red X. Not what I was expecting.

Red smirked as he activated his watch.

Red: Me neither.
---------
It's been a whole three months since Red joines up with Jinx and her gang, the Family she called it, and things had been great. Between bank robberies and petty crimes they were doing good. Red had proven his worth within the first job and has continued to prove himself since.

Then one day they found the rival gang. The Royal Flush Gang. They had been taking jobs from the Family and needless to say, Jinx was pissed.

Jinx: What the hell?! They got another bank?!

Red watched as she let her head drop to the table in frustration.

Jinx: It's no fair. We were here first.

Red rolled his eyes and walked over to the poor girl. He place a hand on her shoulder causing her to look up at him.

Red: It'll be ok Pinky, no need to worry. We can take care of them if we need to. You should sleep now. It's late.

Jinx just sighed and continued to slouch.

Jinx: I'm not tired.

Red raised an eyebrow before smirking.

Red: Then how bout a distraction?

Jinx didn't know what he meant until she was lifted up over his shoulder.

Jinx: R-red! What are you doing?

Red just smirked as he began walking out of the room.

Red: Taking you to my bedroom.

It was about a week later when they first saw the Royals in action. Five members but all had a power of some kind. To make matters worse...

Croc: They're kids?

Kid: This is truly a let down.

Terra: To think a bunch of kids were responsible for taking us on.

Red was about to point out that they were also young before realizing he didn't even know how old Terra or Kid was and he was pretty sure Croc was a grown man. Eh, Crocodile. Person? Whatever.