Beyond Pt. 3

Y/N: Kill me now.

You were laying on the floor in the stair room as you and Terry took a break. 48 doors. 48 DOORS! You were no closer to finding this "threat". And where was Dr. Fate? Hell if you knew! He hasn't showed back up since you started. How long have you been doing this? No idea. It feel like days honestly.

Terry: I don't know how many doors I can take.

Y/N: This tower looked so much smaller on the outside.

Your suit was soaked, torn, and burnt. You sat up, popping your back in the process, and looked around. There were so many doors.

Y/N: Shit. All this to stop headaches.

You stood up and dusted yourself off before you turned back to Terry.

Y/N: You ready?

Terry groaned as he pushed himself back up.

Terry: Yeah. Let's just find this stupid magic thing so we can go.

Y/N: I agree.

You both walked to the next door and sighed before pushing it open. You both stepped through it and, surprisingly, you found yourself in a strange place.

Y/N: Uh, what is this?

Terry: No idea.

You walked around some more as you looked at around. It was a house. Like, a suburb house. As you looked around, Terry noticed one of the pictures.

Terry: Y/N?

You looked over and saw the picture he was holding. It was, you? Well, an older you. What made things weird though was the person you were with.

Y/N: You're seeing this to right?

Terry: Yeah. I am.

The second figure in the picture was rapidly shifting between Debra, Cassie, Mia, Stephanie, Helena, Cassandra, Lilith, and Melanie.

Y/N: The hell is this?

Terry: Call me crazy but, I think this might be the future.

Y/N: The future? What? I'm confused.

Suddenly, there were footsteps coming down stairs. You and Terry tensed up and pulled out batarangs for whatever threat you were about to face. Your eyes grew wide when you saw the older you.

Adult Y/N: Oh. Was that today?

You and Terry looked at each other. He was calm. The adult you walked over to his couch and sat down. He signaled for the two of you to join him which you, hesitantly, did. You both sat across from him and you noticed the wedding band on his finger.

Adult Y/N: Right. I'm sure you have plenty of questions so let me try to remember what they were. Uh, why are you here? Dr. Fate. How are you in the future? Dr. Fate. What is this? Well, that one is a bit hard to explain.

Terry: Wait, so you know what's going on?

Adult Y/N: Yes and no. Like I said, hard to explain.

Y/N: Does it have to do with that photo?

The older you laughed a bit as he looked at his ring.

Adult Y/N: Yep. We're nomads. The timeline hardly affects us. That being said, in cases like this when we see the future, things change. When I look at that picture, I see my wife. When you look at it, you see something different.

Y/N: Why is that?

Adult you just shrugged. You looked back at the picture as it shifted. As it did, you noticed that the location, clothing, and even the poses changed.