A Government Law

Meeting everyone again was, uh, well, it was....it felt different. It almost felt like you felt a longing to reconnect with everyone. Of course Tim and Stephanie had forgiven you, in totally different ways, but you still had two more people to apologize to. Three. Four. Five? Maybe you should make a list.

Let's see here; Bruce, Debra, Barbara, the Birds, were the Outlaws still mad? Maybe you should apologize to Tim again for taking his girl. Ex? Maybe you should keep that one to yourself. Were you even dating? Jesus. Things just got extremely complicated.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you heard frantic banging on your door. It swung open and Debra entered frantically.

Debra: Come downstairs right now!

She rushed off and you followed. What the hell was going on here? You made it downstairs where you found everyone gathered around the TV. The only ones absent was Bruce and Kate.

Y/N: What's going on?

Tim: Nothing good.

Duke: This is just ridiculous! How could they do this?!

Y/N: Calm down! Can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?!

Stephanie pointed at the TV and you looked. On the screen was the founding members of the Justice League as they stood in front of the United Nations. What was this even about? Bruce never said anything. You looked towards the President of the United States who was standing.

President: Let it be known here on this day, after the horrors that have unfolded across the world involving underage heroes, that the United Nation pass this new law. The Underage Hero Law will prevent any person under the age of 21 from engaging in any missions under the Justice League's  jurisdiction. This law also prevents them from acting alone. As if this moment, teams such as the Teen Titans and the Team will be disbanded.

Everyone: WHAT?!

President: Any person or persons who violate this act will either pay the fine of $50,000 or will be imprisoned until the age of 21.

Y/N: This is bullshit! Why aren't the Justice League stopping this?!

Tim: Because they can't. They're stuck under the UN's thumb.

Stephanie: What does that mean for us? The Team is, is gone.

She raises her hands to cover her mouth as tears began to fall. Tim clenched his fists while Duke stared at the TV in disbelief. Debra leaned on Alfred as she cried and Terry just stood there with his arms crossed. You turned to Barbara who just looked down. She wouldn't be affected since she was 22 but it couldn't be easy watching something you help build fall apart.

Y/N: Why is this happening?

Barbara: The attack on Sacturary revealed several underage heroes suffering from PTSD and resulted in two deaths. There was another attack while you were gone which ended in 10 deaths.

Y/N: It's a part of the job! We know that. We know what we sign up for.

Alfred: I'm afraid the world doesn't see it that way Mr. Y/N. They see young lives lost in a never ending war.

Y/N: Still. There has to be something....

Duke: We can't do anything! Don't you get it?! We have no League watching over us, no teams, nothing. We can't fight this.

You looked down at your feet. Was this it? No more being a vigilante because some assholes in suits that never met you are speaking on your behalf.

Debra: How are we supposed to get back to the future? If we can't work then how....

Terry: We'll figure something out. I'm trying to think if this was a problem in my tim....wait. what the hell?