I

Text copyright © hisparentsgallery™ 2020

The moral right of the author has been asserted All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law. A single copy of the materials available in this story may be made, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Individuals must preserve any copyright or other notices contained in or associated with them. Users may not distribute said copies to others, whether or not in electronic form or in hard copy, without the prior written consent of the copyright holder of the materials. Contact me through direct message to request for permission to reproduce or distribute materials

Note: You aren't allowed to copy my books, you can borrow a character or idea though but not without my permission/knowledge of you doing so. No producing in Hard Copy or Digital, go against this and you are breaking the law

~~~~~

I slumped further into my seat as my international affairs professor struggled to project his PowerPoint onto the screen in the lecture hall. 

"I feel like half of my tuition goes towards waiting for professors to figure out how to work technology rather than any actual content." my best friend, Jon whispered. 

"Honestly...72k per year for this shit," I scoffed. 

"Yeah, luckily not for us," Jon quipped. 

I nodded and giggled at Jon's reference to our hefty academic scholarships. I feel so lucky to have the privilege to study at a university as prestigious as New York University. My parents are not poor by any means, but they certainly are not rich enough to send me to a private institution without the help of a decent scholarship. Isn't that just the plight of the (middle) middle-class America? 

I pull on the kinky coils of my hair and watched them snap back into place, it's satisfying. Shifting in my seat,  I tapped my pen against my notebook peppering small marks across what used to be a blank sheet of paper.

 I continued to reposition myself in my seat as I was impatient, anxious, and most importantly excited for tonight. 

"Lila, girl if you don't stop man-spreading and tapping your damn pen I swear... we have a small amount of space in this lecture hall as it is," Jon mumbled.  

"Sorry, sorry, I'm just so excited! Aren't you?" I grinned.

"You mean to see the man, the myth, the legend, Harry Styles perform at Madison Square Garden from the Cherry Pit... no, I actually don't care at all," Jon deadpanned.

"Shut up, you know you can't wait," I beamed.

"Of course! I need to see Harry Styles more than I need oxygen to move throughout my bloodstream" he swooned. 

We turned our attention to the Professor who had finally got his presentation on the screen and began lecturing. 

After discussing several political theories and complaining about some of Trump's foreign policy decisions, the class was finally over. 

Jon and I pushed through the crowds of students huddled in the hallways. We rushed into the street and began a brisk to our dingy apartment in Alphabet City. Upon arrival at our building on Avenue B, we ran up the five flights of stairs and into our respective rooms to put on our premeditated outfits. 

"Not even a hello?" our roommate and my other best friend, Addy, questioned from her spot on the couch in our living room. She was already dressed and ready to go.