XXVII

"F**k," Harry whispered under his breath. Meanwhile, I was flipping out. Once upon a time, I  was, and arguably still am Zayn girl. The man's face is carved by angels and he's never missed a note. In my sophomore year of college, Addy, Jon, and I went to his Icarus Falls album release party in New York and it was one of the best, if not the best day of my life. As Harry and Zayn gazed at each other in silence, Gigi was the first to speak. 

"Hi I'm Gigi," she smiled, "Lila, right?" she asked, extending her hand for a handshake. 

"Yes, it's Lila," I confirmed, stepping forward to shake her hand. Although it seems impossible, she's even more beautiful in person. Her eyes are so enchanting, no wonder Zayn has them tattooed on his chest. 

"Z," Gigi said, causing Zayn to tear his attention away from Harry. 

"Oh yeah, nice to meet you, Lila," he smiled while sending me a small wave. I just about died from happiness. 

"Nice to meet you both too," I smiled, trying not to gush over the celebrity power couple. 

"Why don't you two take a seat with Zayn and Gigi while I make you today's special," Rosa urged, before scurrying back to the kitchen. 

Gigi pulled out the seat beside her for me and Harry hesitantly slid on the booth side of the table next to Zayn. Harry's never elaborated on his relationship with any of the boys from one direction besides Niall so I really don't know what to expect. 

"So, I saw you guys just arrived in LA today," Gigi said, attempting to spark a conversation and ease the tension at the table. 

"Yes, we just got here a few hours ago. Harry insisted on coming to visit Rosa as soon as possible," I grinned at her. 

"Rosa is really the greatest. The first time Zayn brought me to visit her, I absolutely fell in love with her energy," she gushed. 

"Exactly, she's so welcoming and warm!" 

As Gigi and I rambled on about Rosa and my thoughts on LA, I noticed Harry and Zayn haven't said a word. They were both sitting rigid, careful to maintain a certain distance between one another. 

"Here you two are!" Rosa said, setting down mugs for Harry and me. I smiled, immediately recognizing the same sunflower mug that she had given to me a year ago. 

"I'm so thankful to see my two babies together again," she gazed lovingly at Harry and Zayn as both forced a smile. "I was worried you two hadn't been speaking, but today is so special for me," she gushed, before hustling away as one of her employees asked her for assistance. 

As soon as her back turned, the smile dropped from the boys' faces. 

"So what brings you two to LA," Zayn asked, directing the question towards me. Harry clenched his jaw in annoyance, clearly not appreciating Zayn's dismissive attitude towards him. 

"Well, when it was leaked to the press that we were together, Harry decided that it would be better if we came to his house in LA since it's more secluded than Tribecca," I explained.

"The classic 'leaked' to the press bit," Zayn smirked, putting leaked in air quotes. 

"Z," Gigi sighed, casting him an annoyed glance. 

"What? We all know the tricks of the trade," Zayn laughed, mostly to himself. 

"Shut the f**k up Zayn. As usual, you have absolutely no idea what you're on about," Harry snapped, taking us all by surprise. "It wasn't a trick, one of Lila's so-called friends leaked it to the press," he huffed.