XV

As promised Harry and Addy were anxiously waiting to hear about my "big day"  in the living room with tubs of ice cream. I re-enacted the encounter for them excluding the parts about Grayson blaming Harry of course. They burst into laughter as I described Grayson's childish reaction. 

"Good riddance, his ego was suffocating," Addy laughed 

"Yeah, he was a prick. You made the right choice, with my guidance of course," Harry said with a wink. Usually, men who casually wink- it's a red flag, but all my preconceptions flew out the window when it came to Harry. He genuinely made anything look good. 

"Well, I highly doubt we will be seeing him again so it's a win for all of us," I chuckled as I stretched out on the couch. 

"Well I have some good news too," Harry said sitting up on the couch, "I've decided to stay in the city for the majority of my break, so I won't be leaving!"

Addy threw her arms in the air in triumph, "YES, you're not leaving us like Jon- our trio can be maintained," she laughed.

"Yay, I'm so happy," I said smiling with in the most convincing tone I could muster. If he's not leaving, these feelings aren't going to leave either...

~~~

It's been a week since I broke up with Grayson. It was also my first week at my new job so that has been the perfect distraction. So far, so good, everyone I work with is amazing and clearly passionate about their work and research at the UN headquarters. After a long week, I longed to sit on the couch and stuff my face with food and watch a trashy reality show like Love Island. 

Much to my surprise, I arrived home to an empty apartment. After checking our group chat I saw that Addy is spending the night with Chris and there was nothing from Harry. Well, I may as well take advantage of having this amazing apartment to myself. I giddily shuffled to my room and dropped all of my bags on the floor. I stripped out of my business professional attire, grabbed my bath towel, and headed into the shower but not before starting queuing up my favorite playlist.  

I closed my eyes hot water washed away the grimy feeling that comes with taking the new york subway and upon opening them I found myself in a cloud of steam. I stepped out of the shower and dried myself off with my towel before throwing on a fluffy bathrobe. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness began to play on my speaker and I grabbed it and began singing into it as I exited my bathroom. Loving the fact that I was home I kept my bathrobe on for maximum relaxation, let my hair out into a large afro, and slipped on my favorite pair of fuzzy socks. Taking advantage of my socks and the expensive hardwood floors I slid through the halls as I heard the guitar solo blare from the speaker. 

My expert sliding skills took me down the hall and straight into the kitchen to grab a snack, or at least it would have. The path was obstructed by a rather large and hard obstacle- a sweaty and shirtless Harry Styles. Luckily he wrapped his arms around me just in time to avoid us both busting our asses on the floor. 

"Whoa whoa," he said as he steadied us and removed one of his Airpods. He nodded as if to say he approved of my song choice. 

Remembering I was completely naked underneath my bathrobe, I pushed myself off of his rock-hard chest and quickly tightened the strap of my robe. Harry watched me in my frazzled state with a smirk playing on his perfectly bowed lips. 

"Having fun?"

"A blast," I answered shortly pushing a few stray curls out of my face. I took a moment to admire the way the sweat seemed to glistened on Harry's tan skin. His hair that usually fell over his forehead was tied up in a miniature ponytail. This is the first time I've seen him shirtless, well at least in-person. His shorts were hanging loose on his hips displaying his fern tattoos that accentuated his prominent V-shape. 

"Enjoying the view," Harry teased, "I would comment on how hard it is to look this good but you already know," he added with a wink. How do I even respond to that?

Choosing to ignore his flirtatious comment, I opted for, "Sorry, I didn't think anyone was home," and casually reached over the counter to grab an apple being careful to make sure my robe did not gape open in the process. 

"Yeah I was just getting in a quick workout in the building's gym," Harry said before chugging a glass of water. I nodded, noting that the building had a gym. "Where's Addy?"

"She's spending the night and probably the entire weekend with Chris," I answered. 

"Oh okay, well what are you doing tonight?"

"I was planning on a nice post-breakup Friday night on the couch, care to join?"

Harry smiled and nodded, "just let me take a quick shower- hopefully I'll smell as good as you," he added before slipping out of the kitchen. 

Maybe I'm not making this up in my head...

~~~~

I appreciate all comments and votes :)