XXIV

The maddening ringing of my alarm woke me up with a start. After letting out a few groans, I rolled out of bed and gently placed my feet on the floor. Mondays are the worst, I thought to myself as I trudged to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Within 15 minutes I had gotten dressed in a fitted pantsuit and pulled my hair into a low bun. After scanning myself in the mirror, I quickly tied a jade green silk scarf in my hair to add a pop of color to my black and white ensemble. I smiled to myself as I checked the time on my phone, just enough time to eat breakfast

As soon as I opened my bedroom door, I was hit with the most amazing smell. When I got to the kitchen, there stood Harry in an apron and sweatpants holding a spatula, with his tattoos on full display.  

"Good morning, love, I made you and Addy a full American-style breakfast," he boasted gesturing to the scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, and coffee arranged on the counter. 

"Wow, thank you, Harry," I grinned, pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to make myself a pathetic bowl of cornflakes this morning. 

"Yes, this is amazing Harry," Addy moaned with her mouth full. I didn't even realize that she was already sitting there eating. "If you do this every time you f**k up, you need to f**k up more often," she laughed. 

"Yeah, well, Dylan may be able to bake a little dessert, but I can cook a whole meal," Harry smirked.

"Okay, calm down," I giggled, lightly tapping his chest before sitting down to eat. 

~~~

An hour later, I arrived at the office. Everything was already in full swing, people were bustling through the office clutching reports, yelling out numbers, and answering telephones. It's a miracle I made it to my desk unscathed. I plopped down in my office chair and let out a heavy sigh.

"Rough morning?" I looked up to find Dylan leaning against my desk. 

"Not until I got here," I said with a light chuckle. 

"Yeah, I feel that," he sighed, "Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch with me today, I wanted to ask you something," he said, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Okay, 1?" I suggested and he nodded before heading back to his workspace. I wonder what he could possibly want to ask me over lunch. Brushing all thoughts aside, I began my research for the day. 

After what seemed to be no time at all, Dylan was back at my desk.

"Ready?" he asked. 

I glanced at the clock on my computer screen, "Oh yes, wow, I didn't even realize it was lunchtime already," I said, grabbing my phone and wallet. 

"You looked so cute as you concentrated, I almost didn't want to interrupt," he chuckled as I flashed him a nervous smile. I didn't know what to say, on one hand, I felt as if I should tell him that I like Harry, but on the other hand, Harry and I aren't in a relationship and it's none of Dylan's business. Before, the flirting didn't bother me, but now that Harry is back, I'm starting to feel guilty, even if it is one-sided. 

We went to lunch at a nearby ramen bar that always has quick service. Once we ordered we found a table by the window and waited for our food. 

"So, what's the question you wanted to ask," I said as my fingers toyed with the synthetic petals on the synthetic flower centerpiece. 

Dylan took a shaky breath which triggered my undivided attention, "There has been something I've been meaning to ask you for some time now," he sighed, "Lila, I really like you, I would really like us to be more than friends," shît, "we've been hanging out for a few weeks now, and I want you to be my girlfriend,"