X

New Year's day, Grayson and I made it official, and just like that I entered my first legitimate relationship. Although I enjoyed being single for the most part but I do enjoy talking to Grayson about anything and everything or nothing at all. Our relationship is...comfortable? Every once in a while we will go on cute dates like picnics in the park, but most of the time we are just sitting on my couch or bed watching TV. I like Grayson a lot and I'm waiting for my feelings of comfort in his presence to turn into something more. 

Today marks three months together and we agreed to not celebrate; people who celebrate monthly anniversaries are a disease to society. Like congrats another 30 days together, call me when it's been a year. 

I sat at my desk proofreading an excerpt from an essay I was struggling to finish. Groaning I closed my eyes and leaned back in my chair and stared at my poster of J.Cole on my wall wondering why I decided to write a senior thesis. Maybe if I email my advisor and tell her how mentally draining this is she will allow me to back out. The piercing sound of my ringtone lurched me out of my thoughts. I picked up my phone without looking at the caller ID knowing it's Grayson. 

"Hey Gray," I said slightly annoyed but trying to sound pleasant.

"Hmm I've been called a lot of different names, but Gray is not one of them," a deep voice that I immediately recognized chuckled from the receiving end.

"Harry! How are you?? Maybe the better question is where are you?"I rambled, already smiling from hearing his voice. I haven't heard from Harry in about a month. The last he told me is he was unplugging from all technology and spending a few weeks in the English countryside to work on his new album. 

"I'm still in the countryside working on the new album. I've been feeling a bit stuck, I don't know I just needed some inspiration."

"What happened to no technology?"

"I haven't been using anything but I promised myself that I would make a few calls after a month has passed. You, love, are one of those calls."

"Well, in that case, I am truly honored," I grinned. Little does he know that I truly am honored that he would think of me when he is making his calls. 

"How are you doing? How's the boyfriend?" 

"You know, school is hard, but hey I'm almost done! Grayson is good." 

"Grayson is good. That's all I get? I want to meet this guy. The lucky guy who stole Lila Stewart's heart." he chuckled.

"I wouldn't say he stole my heart..."

"He hasn't?" Harry questioned in what seemed to be a hopeful voice but I'm sure I am imagining things. 

"Nope, at least not yet. I feel like something is missing, but then again maybe I'm overthinking things. Maybe love isn't like a lightning bolt that strikes you, maybe we are in love- who knows..."

"No, don't settle Lila, especially not in love. Don't make the same mistakes that I did, you'll know when it is love. It will be like a lightning bolt-I am certain of it. You're right sometimes people do grow into love, it is not always instant, but do not force yourself into love." he said seriously. 

"Thanks, Harry. You're right..."

"Exactly, I have never steered you wrong," he cheekily replied. Although I couldn't see him I could tell he is flashing one of his signature smirks. 

"I would be absolutely lost without you," I said sarcastically. 

"I'll always be here to guide my little friends." Whoop there it is! Once again I was extremely annoyed for no apparent reason. He IS my friend, I HAVE a boyfriend, and here I am getting upset once again because he dared to vocalize what our relationship actually is and always will be. 

"Haha, yeah, actually I have to go to Harry. Grayson just got here and we have plans," I lied. 

"Yeah, of course, I enjoyed talking to you, love. Have fun with Grayson!"

"You too, Bye!" I said and hung up the phone feeling annoyed and confused once again. My phone pinged notifying me of a new text.

Grayson: Happy three months babe xx

Ughhhhh

~~~Let's not forget who this story is about~~~