December 5

Thieves beware (part 4)

The next day John paced through the hut. He was really curious for this Sherlock Holmes fellow. He wanted to go to 221B Bakerstreet in – he glanced at the watch he had stolen yesterday – half an hour. But it wasn't save. No, it was absolutely not. The chances where high that he immediately would get arrested there if he showed up. After all the man was a detective who worked with a DI.
But if Sherlock would have wanted to catch him, he could have it done yesterday, couldn't he?
The pickpocket frowning stared down at his kitbag.
I have to be completely mad, he thought as he grabbed it and turned to the door.

A few minutes later he was veering towards Piccadilly Circus. The street was crowded with people who were busy hurrying from shop to shop. As a small woman with an open handbag (some people were so stupid!) passed him, he reached inside and stole her purse. He strolled to the tube station, counting the money while walking. He grinned as he held the notes in his hands. The dark red wallet contained 70£. Content that it would get him through the day, he grabbed the pounds and dropped the wallet into the nearest bin.

Suddenly John stopped. What was he doing?! He intended to go to a detective and stole on his way there? As if Sherlock with that creepy stare of his couldn't see it right away. He was an idiot, really. How had he ever got the idea to go there? John shook his head. That had been foolish.
The pickpocket turned around to go back to the hut, his momentary hide-out, though he would have to change places now that the detective knew where he lived.

He hadn't come far as a cab stopped directly beside him. The door opened and dark curls came into sight which were quickly followed by the pale face with the high cheekbones that belonged to Sherlock Holmes. The detective smiled at him and then immediately frowned, as if he was chiding himself for showing niceness.
"John, glad you accepted my offer. Now, get in, we have to stop at Bakerstreet to sort out a few things before heading to Regent's Park."

John's mouth fell open before he could prevent it. He quickly closed it again, not wanting to look stupid as he gaped at the man in front of him. Did he always try to appear in the most dramatic way possible or was that just with the pickpocket?
But before John realized what he was doing he slipped into the cab, resting the kitbag on his knees. "I…. uhm…. What…uhm…are we doing in Regent's park exactly?", he stammered. He mentally slapped himself for the awkwardness. He wasn't normally one to get all shy and reluctant. But, however, you didn't get more or less kidnapped by a consulting detective every day.

Sherlock gave him a little smile. "Showing you the ropes, obviously", he said, his eyes twinkling excited.
Maybe he did have a reason to get worried, John thought, frowning worriedly at the detective.

AN: I am truely sorry, I know, this is reeeaaally short. But I don't have that much time because I will fly to Berlin over the weekend, so the next few chapters will be a bit shorter then the first ones... But I will make it up to you after Berlin, I promise!
- I own nothing - 
Merry Christmas, 
~ Allie