December 14

The hammock

When the winter break started, I stood with a big trunk in front of Holmes' manor. I had been standing there for the last half an hour. Unsure I scratched my neck. Should I just knock? Maybe it was better to just turn around and go back again. Though not home. Really, I had nowhere else to go. So I sighed, finally doing the last few steps to the door and knocked at the dark massive wood. Immediately the large door swung open and the face of my best friend, Sherlock Holmes, appeared. I was immediately scanned by the teen's deducing gaze.

"So they did it really", he greeted me, a frown beginning to build on his face. I shrugged.
"Yeah. I never doubted it. Harry's at Clara's."
Sherlock stepped aside to let me in. When the comfortable warmth surrounded me, I immediately began to relax. For the first time since the big argument I guess.
The dark curled boy next to me didn't wait till I had put my shoes and jacket off. He immediately strode down the corridor and disappeared into a room on the left side.
"Mummy, John's here. He'll stay for the rest of the break. We're in my room now", I could hear him call through the house. I stood there, a bit unsure whether to follow him or wait until I was demanded to. Before I could make a decision, Sherlock's face reappeared, he was glimpsing around the corner.
"Are you coming?", he asked, raising his eyebrows. Quickly I grabbed my trunk and shoved it down the corridor.

I followed the boy who was much taller than me and didn't bother to help me with my things many stairs up. We ascended till the third floor, going a few steps before halting for a door whose wood was painted dark blue.
When we entered the room I glanced around curiously. I had never been in Sherlock's house before and didn't know his room. Since dorm number 221B which we shared at our school was always messy full of chemical stuff, I thought something similar would await me. But I hadn't expected this.
Sherlock's room was wonderfully furnished with furniture in dark colours, though large windows at one side of the room made it looking light. The walls where blue so as the curtain and altogether the room wasn't that large as you would expect it for a house of this size. It was cleaned up neatly, probably Mrs. Holmes' work, and didn't look like Sherlock had lived there for long at all.

My best friend just slumped onto his bed, waving his hand through the room. "Make yourself at home. Markus will provide a mattress for you later."
I stabled my trunk in one corner next to a large cupboard before I joined Sherlock on the bed. We sat there in silence for a while, me nestling around with the sleeves of my jumper and Sherlock watching me.
"Your parents are unreasonable", he stated after a while. I shrugged.
"Even if they did kick your sister out because she's is interested in women more than in men, which is definitely not the way how you should support your daughter by the way, why should they kick out you too?"

I blushed a bit. The true answer would have been because I yelled at them in the argument that I was in love with my best friend who is male, but I couldn't say that of course. So I answered instead: "I defended her. Was on her side. So I'm not better than her in their eyes." That wasn't even a lie, technically speaking. I felt my shoulders slump a bit. I looked down at my lap, avoiding Sherlock's eyes. I could see him shift awkwardly, probably not sure what to do. Before he could fail at comforting me however, I quickly changed the subject.

"This house is huge! How many floors does it have?", I asked him, glancing up at the ceiling.
Clearly relieved over my change Sherlock flashed me a quick smile.
"This is the last floor. Above us is only the attic left. I grinned.
"I suppose it's a dark and dusty one where ghosts are floating around", I chuckled. Sherlock shook his head. "No, I have my labour up there. And a large hammock where I can think in silence."
I looked up at him excitedly. "You have a hammock? Can I see it?"
He only shrugged. "I suppose."

Quickly we climbed up the stairs and Sherlock opened an old door. The room was unusual clean for an attic, if you ignored the one half which was covered with chemical stuff. The other half though looked very comfortable. There was a large mattress and above hung a huge hammock. Flashing a grin at Sherlock I darted forward, lunging for it. But Sherlock, who had predicted my plan, grabbed my shoulders and pulled me back. We fought our way to the hammock, pulling and pushing each other in order to get in first. In the end, we happened to lay both in it, me on top of him. I looked down at his and began to giggle uncontrollably. After a short moment of trying to stay serious Sherlock joined in. We laughed a long time and I couldn't remember when I had laughed this hard the last time.

AN: Well, this was supposed to be a one-shot, but it got 1,7k long so I split it up into two parts. It'll get fluffier tomorrow, promise.
This is basically teen!lock where John & Sherlock go to school together and share a dorm. I am in love with teen!lock, yes. I just really enjoy it.
Soo... look forward to tomorrow! ;)
I don't own anything.
Merry Christmas,
~ Allie