Henry getting hurt

You ran down the hallways, like something was chasing your tail, like you were running for your life. People looked at you with disapproval when you ran past them, but you couldn't get yourself to care. There was only one thing on your mind as you ran through the hallways. Getting to Henry, as fast as you could. You pushed through the heavy doors on the second floor and read the sign, intensive care, before walking on.

The hallways got emptier, the further you walked. Leaving only you at one point. The reception was faintly lit and you slowed down, trying to catch your breath, before knocking on the closed window. The woman opened the window and grabbed a piece of paper.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

You played with your hair, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

"Ehm hi, my name is y/n and I'm here for Henry Cavill."

The woman wrote something on her paper and looked back up. "Are you family? Because only family is allowed on the IC."

You started making up an excuse when a rough voice interrupted you, the voice so much like Henry's that you clenched your teeth.

"Let her pass, she's family."

The nurse gave you a nod of approval and you ran past her, straight into Charlie's waiting arms. You buried your head in his chest, as he wrapped his arms around you.

"What happened Charlie?" You whispered, afraid of the answer.

Charlie squeezed you tight before releasing you. "Henry was doing a stunt when the safety robes snapped." You let out a whimper, before gesturing to Charlie to continue. "He took a pretty hard hit in the head and broke a few ribs. But he's okay, asleep, but okay."

You let out the breath you didn't realize you were holding and all tension left your body.

"Why is he on the IC if he's fine? People who are fine don't belong on the IC." Your breath started to pick up again, the edges of your vision blurring together.

Charlie grabbed your wrist and sat you down on one of the chairs. He crouched down in front of you and softly grabbed your hands.

"Y/n, look at me." You obeyed and slowly lifted your eyes and met his. "Take a deep breath. This is the normal procedure, they have to make sure that his lungs won't get punctured by his broken ribs. There's nothing to worry about, okay." You nodded and let yourself be pulled up again. Charlie wrapped his arm around your shoulder and guided you through the dark hallway

The doors of the other rooms were open and you tried your best not to peek into them, your stomach already clenching as you heard the heartbreaking sobs coming from one of the rooms. The warmth from your brother in law's arm kept you steady as you reached the last door. You could hear the bleeping of the heart monitor and paused in the doorway, looking to Charlie for support. He squeezed your shoulder, before dropping his arm.

''Are you ready?'' You took a deep breath and braced yourself before following Charlie into the dimly lit room.

Your hands started to tremble as you took in the sleeping form of your boyfriend. The heart monitor bleeped in a steady rhythm and the soft dripping of the IV sounded almost peaceful. You barely noticed how Charlie left the room, your attention fully on Henry. Your legs wobbled as you slowly sat down in the chair next to the bed, and leant forward to grab his hand.

His face was turned to your side and you softly brushed one of his curls away, your fingers lingering on his cheek. He didn't look peaceful, as his eyebrows were furrowed, his lips slightly parted. You moved your hand to caress the skin between his eyebrows, brushing his frown away. You got startled as he moved, leaning into your touch before his eyelids started to flutter.

You held your breath and leaned closer as he slowly opened his eyes, his gaze hazy with sleep. He tried to focus on you and you softly smiled. "Hi there."

He frowned, before breaking into a cough. You quickly got up and reached for the water on his nightstand, guiding him as he took a small sip. The coughing fit left him exhausted and he dropped back into the cushions.

You placed your hand on his leg. "Don't scare me like that again, love. I don't think my heart would be able to handle it."

He tried to reply, but exhaustion took over and he was left breathless, but he grabbed your hand tightly, a pleading look on his face. You leant forward and pressed a kiss on his temple. "Go back to sleep, love. I will still be here when you wake up."

He seemed to be pleased with that and his eyes started to flutter close, his hand became heavy in yours, and his breathing evened out. You lifted his hand to your mouth and pressed a soft kiss on it, while tears streamed down your face.