Happy Birthday

"Y/N, where are we going?" 

You giggled as you pulled your blindfolded boyfriend along with you. Kal already ran off to the tent you set up earlier, rolling around in the grass next to it. You wanted to surprise Henry for his birthday, it would be a weird one without the family around, and you knew how tough it was for him to stay away from them. 

So you went on a search and found this beautiful lake, not far from the rental house the two of you stayed in. No one would disturb you here, and it would be a nice change of scenery. One of your friends dropped off a cake and decorated the tent with fairy lights, making it all romantic and sweet. 

You dragged Henry to the edge of the lake and came up behind him, standing on your tiptoes to  release the blindfold. You heard his small gasp as he took in the lake and it's view before he turned around, crashing you against his chest. You closed your eyes and breathed in the sweet scent that was Henry Cavill, enjoying a moment of peace before Kal came running, crashing against your legs. 

You went down with Kal, laughing as you hit the soft grass. Henry chuckled as he watched the two of you, goofing around in the grass, before joining you. You lay side by side, watching as the sun dropped in the lake and the stars started to appear. 

You felt Henry shift and turned from your back to your side, facing him. The air was quiet around the two of you, the only sound that could be heard was the soft snoring of Kal, who laid himself down on a blanket, closer to the tent. 

His low voice broke the quietness around you. "Do you even realize how much I love you?" 

You grinned at him. "I think I have a pretty good idea, yeah."

He cupped your face in both of his hands and pressed a feather light kiss on your nose. "I think you have no idea, sweetheart. You have no idea what a light you are, for me, and for everyone around you. You're the one that keeps us all going and I'm sorry that I took that for granted." 

You frowned, confused by his confession. "Hey, look at me." When you felt his attention on you, you continued. "I never thought that you took me for granted. Hell, you make me the happiest person alive, by just being with me. Don’t ever think otherwise, okay?’’ 

You trapped his gaze till he nodded and took a quick look at your watch, your eyes widening slightly as you noticed the time. You pushed yourself up and and pulled Henry with you, a toothy smile on your face. ‘’Happy Birthday, my love.’’ 

Authors note:

It's just a small birthday prompt for out special guy 😉 so Happy Birthday Henry