Saved by Walter Marshall 2

Walter got dragged out of his slumber by a door closing. He quickly sat up and dragged a hand over his face, before his eyes fixed on the two unopened bottles on the table. One bottle of beer for him and one bottle of water for..... "Shit," he whispered to himself, before getting up from the couch. Noticing your gift basket for the first time, he took a step closer to the table and picked up the note that you left in the basket.

'Dear Walter,

Thank you.... words can't describe how grateful I am for what you did for me. Not only did you gave my life back, you stayed long enough to make sure that I would be fine. Something no one has ever done for me, and I can't thank you enough for that.

Much love,

Y/n'

"Naw that's sweet, who is she?" Walter ripped his eyes away from from your note and looked down at his daughter.

"Wait," he looked between the door and her. "When did you get here?"

His daughter crossed her arms and he knew she was going to show him some of her attitude.

"I got here 2 hours ago, but you were passed out, so I went out to get myself some breakfast. Because like always, the fridge was empty, and you're not able to take care of yourself." She pointed to him. "But you didn't answer my question, who is she?"

Walter closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, debating if he should tell his daughter the truth.

"She's one of the girls I saved and helped back to her feet," he started with a sigh. "She wanted to thank me, so I invited her over," he turned around to cross his arms and leaned back against the counter.

"But you ruined it by doing something stupid, and now you don't know how to fix it?" Walter raised his eyebrow at his daughter's comment, a silent question in his eyes.

Faye just shrugged. "Seems like something you would do." She grabbed an apple from the counter and took a bite before adding: "Why don't you call Rachel? I'm sure she saved her personal information somewhere." She took another bite and made her way back to their room.

Walter called her back before she disappeared in the room. "Hey Faye?"

She turned back, apple halfway to her mouth, looking confused. "Thank you."

She showed him a soft smile, one that she would only appear when the two of them were together. "Just go get your girl, dad."

Marshall reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone, dilating Rachel's number. She picked up after the second ring.

"Hey Marshall, what do you need?"

Walter sat down on the couch and took a deep breath. "I want you to check someone for me."

Rachel kept quiet for a second and he could hear how her fingers worked on her laptop.

"I emailed Y/N's personal information to you." She let out a sigh. "Don't make me regret it Walter." She hung up before Walter could respond to her.

------------------‐--------------------------------------------

It took Walter almost all day to find the courage to get into his car and make make the drive to your house, but here he was, at your doorstep.

He was slightly trembling and tried to wipe his sweaty hands on his pants. It took everything he had to not turn around and just leave. Dating was never a thing that he enjoyed. Yes, he liked coming home to someone, being with someone. But the whole getting to know each other part got on his nerves. He was too awkward and always had his guard up, could never relax. But he was ready to change. He was ready to change for you.

"Are you gonna stand there all evening? Or are you ready to come in?"

Walter felt his heart flutter at the sound of your voice and slowly lifted his eyes to take you in. You learnt against the doorway, you arms crossed in front of your chest, a small smile on your face.

He scratched the back of his head and made his way up to the stairs, trailing after you as you lead the way to the livingroom. He awkwardly sat down next to you on the couch and released a sigh before starting the conversation.

"So, I figured that we didn't exactly finish our conversation this morning."

You let out a light laugh. "Well you were clearly finished."

Walter buried his face in his hands and let out a grunt. "I fucked up didn't I?"

You couldn't help yourself and started giggling at the embarrassed detective. "It wasn't exactly nice," you admitted.

Walter reached out and grabbed your hands, his expression serious.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I truly am. I want this," he gestured between the two of you. "Whatever this may be, to work out. I'm just not familiar with this whole dating this, as you probably noticed." He snorted at his own statement and looked down at your intertwined hands, silently waiting for your rejection.

You surprised him by lifting his chin, a soft look on your face. Walter parted his lips and watched in silence as your gaze flickered to his mouth before locking with his.

You took to long, he couldn't handle the tension anymore as he cupped your face in his hands and pressed his lips on yours. Time seemed to fade away as the two of you shared your first kiss.

Walter was the first to pull back and rested his forehead against yours, a soft sigh leaving his lips. You giggled, a little breathless. "Well that's one way to start a relationship."

Walter pulled back completely and let out a low laugh, while moving you so he held you against his chest. "Told you I wasn't good at this dating thing."

You laid your head on his chest and wrapped your arms around his waist. "Mmmh I don't know, I think I prefer this version of dating."

Walter hummed in agreement and the two of you sat down in silence. He had no idea what was going to happen, but he knew that he would get through this, as long as he had you at his side.

Authors note:

Waaaah okay I reached 1k reads and I'm so excited! Thank you all so much for putting up with me and my stories 💕