Mean Girl

Walter Marshall x reader

You had no idea how the two of you end up like this, naked, in his bed. The last thing you remember is the two of you sharing a kiss and after that, apparently a lot of alcohol. You rubbed your eyes and carefully moved away from his grip to lay on your side. Walter's face scrunched up and he moved closer to you, as if he missed your warmth.

You smiled at the little gesture and lift a hand to catch one of his curls between your fingers. You knew you had to leave soon, couldn't let this man in front of you stay in your life. He would hurt you and you were not ready for that. But that didn't mean that it wouldn't hurt to leave him behind, because it would. But it was for the best. For both of you.

A soft whimper pulled you away from your thoughts and you raised your head to find the source. Walter's face was tightly pressed in his pillow, his hands clenching on the blanket. Another whimper left his lips. You slowly pushed yourself up and reached out to caress his cheek. You felt how he leaned against your palm and you used your thumb to stroke smooth circles on his cheek.

"Everything will be okay Walter, open your eyes. It's just a dream."

You felt how his body started to shake and how his cheeks grew damp with tears. So you did the only thing that you could think off. You lay back down and wrapped your arm around his waist, pulling his large body against you, leaning forward to press your lips against his. You felt him trembling against you, but didn't release him. You kept your lips firmly pressed against his, till you felt his respond. He melted in your embrace, pulling you tighter against him, in attempt to get closer to you.

You smiled against his lips and slowly pulled away, biting on your lip as you rest your forehead against his. He closed his eyes and released a breath.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. "I didn't mean to scare you."

You tilted your head. "You didn't scare me Walter. I just didn't realize you had nightmares."

Walter sat up against the headboard, taking you with him. He pressed a soft kiss against your temple. "It's part of the job I guess, it's nothing to worry about."

You stayed quiet and took a long look at the man next to you before making a decision. You leant up and pressed one lingering kiss on his lips before unwrapping yourself from his embrace. You searched around for your clothes and got dressed.

You were halfway through the door when Walter spoke up. "You're not even going to say goodbye?"

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath before turning around. "You deserve someone better Walter, I can't give you what you're looking for."

He got up from the bed and moved to stand in front of you. "And how exactly do you know what I'm looking for?"

You took a step away from him and pressed back against the wall. "Please don't make this any harder then it already is Walter, it won't change anything."

You felt his fingers under your chin, lifting your face up, desperation clear on his face. "Can't you stay a little longer? Just give us a chance to talk this through."

You just shook your head, a sad smile on your face, before turning around. Leaving the detective and his problems behind.