Sparks

It was her eyes that he noticed at first. The eyes that she claimed to hate so much, the ones she called bland and boring. He knew that she would do anything to change them, would pick any color instead of the beautiful color she had now, but he loved them. They lit up when she had a bright idea. They danced when she laughed, sparkled when she made one of her bad jokes, and yet... she still thought bad of them.

He looked closely as they widened in shock, in surprise, locked on the movie that was playing in front of her. Her lips parted in anticipation. He was content to just sit back and watch, completely absorbed by her presence, the movie only a faint distraction from the beauty she radiated. He shifted and the movement dragged her eyes towards him, her eyebrow raised in question.

"What?"

His muscled arms reached out and pulled her against his chest, her back fitting perfectly with his body. She shivered as he pressed a soft kiss in the crook of her neck before resting his head on the spot, sighing.

"It's nothing," he breathed, smiling as she relaxed against him, her attention back on the movie in front of her.

He loved her, he realized with a shock. The realisation, like a punch in the stomach. Henry considered himself guarded, he barely gave him heart away, but when he did, he did it with all he had and that's what he'd done.

His mind wandered off while her attention was still on the screen in front of her. Her hand subconsciously started to trace patterns on his thigh, causing him to take a sharp intake of breath. Her eyes trailed back to him, a smirk playing on her lips before her expression fell at the sight of him, white as a sheet. She fully turned around and carefully touched his forehead, checking for a fever. When she found no trace of one, her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion, not understanding why he was acting this way.

"Are you okay?" Her voice was soft as she checked in on him, slightly worried by his lack of response.

He swallowed, before gazing down at her, his cerulean eyes shining. "I'm fine, love. Don't worry about me."

She moved away, the movie forgotten as she turned around to straddle his lap, cupping his face in her hands.

"You've always been a bad liar, Cavill," she chuckled, "so tell me... what's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

He didn't know how to tell her about his conclusion, didn't know if she shared the same feelings, so he let his body speak for him. He kissed her. Without warning, without permission. Without even deciding to do it, but simply because he couldn't have done anything else. He needed that breath she was holding, needed to let her know what he was feeling.

His lips stifled the gasp that threatened to escape as he took her by surprise. Her full lips curled into a smile as she roamed her hands over his body, locking her fingers in his dark curls.

It clicked then. Sparks lit up between the two of them as they became aware of their feelings towards each other. Their bodies melted together until they didn't know where one started and the other ended.

Their bodies burned as their kiss deepened. They had found their equal, something so rare that it was a shock for both of them.

Henry slowly pulled back and opened his eyes, only to find her already staring back. A warm feeling settled in his stomach as she followed the lines of his cupid bow, placing a gentle kiss on the corner of his lips before leaning back.

"I love you too."