You've always felt like home

You were busy stirring the meat when you felt a presence behind you and you smiled to yourself when you felt how a pair of arms wrapped themselves around your waist, pulling you away from the stove. You leant into his touch as he nuzzled his face in your neck, pressing a lingering kiss there, before leaning his cheek against yours.

You scraped your nails and down his arm, giving him goosebumps.

"Everything okay love? You never greet me like this."

It was true, usually when he came home he would either give you a hug or a kiss. But now it felt like he needed the reassurance that you were here, with him. You turned around in his arms and searched his face.

He smiled, his eyes filled with mischief. "Oh I'm definitely okay, I've got something planned for us tonight."

You raised your eyebrow. "And what exactly do you have planned Mr Cavill?"

He smirked and softly hit you on your butt. "Go get changed and I will show you."

You just shook you head and made your way upstairs, muttering under your breath.

"Oh love? Wear something comfy!"

You put on a pair of yoga pants and one of Henry's shirts, before tying your hair in a ponytail. You definitely wouldn't go to a restaurant, as you had to wear something comfy, so it didn't matter that you looked like you just came out of bed. You walked back downstairs and met up with Henry outside his car. The two of you were in Jersey for the week, so Henry had his Aston Martin back and he used every opportunity to drive around in it.

The drive was silent. You were still a little unfamiliar with the island, despite visiting at least once a year for the past 4 years, so you had no idea where Henry was taking you. And the fact that it was already dark didn't exactly help either. It looked like you were surrounded by trees and you had a hard time hiding your surprise as Henry stopped the car in the middle of nowhere.

"Henry, what are we doing here?"

Henry got out of the car and moved around it to open your door. Holding out his hand for support, he smiled.

"We're not here yet, but I can't reach our destination with my car, so we have to go on a hike."

You looked at your surroundings, or what you could make out in the dark.

"Are you planning to kill me? Because this would be the perfect spot."

Henry chuckled. "Just shut up, you're gonna love it."

He grabbed your hand and pulled you along. He was not joking when he said you had to hike, because you were walking up a damn hill.

But the view took your breath away and you paused to take it all in. You could hear the sea beneath you as it slammed against the rocks and you closed your eyes to enjoy the peacefulness. A thought came up and you turned to voice it to Henry but the sight in front of you left you speechless.

Henry leant down on one knee, surrounded by a circle of lights. It wasn't the position he was in that made you cry, no, it was the shy look on his face as he searched around his pockets for the ring that did it. This man was the love of your life and the fact that he took all this effort made your heart melt.

He took a deep breath and started rambling.

"My sweet Y/N, I can't even begin to explain how much I love you. From the moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew we were meant for each other. You are the one person I can be completely myself with, and I'm so thankful for that. You've always felt like home and it pains me every time to leave you behind to film."

He softly chuckled.

"You're probably secretly laughing about my rambling right now. But what I want to say is that you're the only woman I want. You're the only one I wanna wake up next to, and I want you to officially make you mine. And spend the rest of our lives together.

So Y/N will you do me the honor to become my Mrs Cavill?"

Your throat was closed up by tears and the only thing you could do was nod as you flung yourself at Henry, who laughed as the two of you hit the ground. He tenderly stroked your cheek and you leant in to press a soft kiss on his lips.

After you pulled back, you leant your head on his chest and let out a content sigh as you felt his hand playing with your ponytail, enjoying the warmth of your, now fiance.