Let's play a game

''Henry please, come with me.'' You were literally begging at this point, a small pout on your lips.

You saw an advertisement about this new glow in the dark midget golf course and you really wanted to go and check it out. But Henry had to be a boomer and declined the idea immediately. He didn't even lift his eyes from the book he was reading as he answered. ''I don't understand why you specifically want me to come. You have plenty of friends, just ask one of them.''

You fell next to him on the couch and let out a whine. ''But I want to do this with you, it has been ages since we last went out together.''

He closed his book with a sigh and turned to face you, his arm on the headrest behind your head. ''You really want to do this?''

You perched up, not being able to hide your excitement. ''Yes I'm certain, you're coming with me?''

He shook his head, a fond smile on his face. ''I am, now go, get dressed.''

You jumped up and pressed a quick kiss on his lips before skipping upstairs, as the sound of his soft chuckles followed you.

Henry was already waiting for you by the car when you came downstairs so you quickly pressed a kiss on Kal's fluffy head before locking the door behind you. Henry held the door for you and you giggled. ''Why, thank you great sir.'' Before sitting down in the passenger seat. You let Henry pick the music and enjoyed the feeling of peace and quiet while the two of you drive down the road.

'Farewell Wanderlust' came on and you squeezed his leg in excitement. ''Listen, it's The Amazing Devil. Joey is going to freak out when he hears about this.''

Henry hummed in agreement and you softly started to sing along with the lyrics, rubbing his leg, while you looked outside. It was a 20 minute drive to the midget golf course and by the time Henry pulled over, you were ready to jump through the roof with excitement. You waited till he opened your door before getting out, pressing yourself against his side.

He squeezed your hand and smiled down at you. ''Why are you so excited about doing this? It's just midget golf.''

You looked down at your intertwined hands. ''I used to do this with my family, like all the time, but one day it just stopped,'' you looked up and caught his gaze. ''I guess I just wanted to relive those happy times, with you.''

You moved to walk forward, but Henry pulled you back and cupped your face. His thumb caressed your cheek as he leant closer. You closed your eyes as you felt his lips gaze yours and melted into the kiss, grabbing the front of his shirt.

Authors note:
Thank you all so much for getting this story to 7k! Beside this collection of one shots I'm also writing 2 series and I was wondering if y'all would be interested in reading them individually or as part of this book?