Lonely

Tell me what's left of us

Should this house feel as empty as it does?

You stood in front of the double doors that lead up to the garden, a thick blanket wrapped around your shoulders as you gazed up to the sky. Dark clouds had chased away the sun, their grey mass taking over the sky, dragging your mood down. The wind blew your hair up around your face, the strands forming a halo on top of your head. You looked like an angel, but a fallen one as a tear found its way down your cheek.

Screaming, babe console me

But I've already given all that I have

The sky cracked and started crying, its tears covering every inch of the earth. A shaky breath escaped as you opened the doors, dropping your blanket in a pile on the cold floor. The rain was cold as it slammed against your exposed skin, soaking you to the bone. You lifted your head and closed your eyes, embracing the icy hug that was offered to you. The rain took hold of your body as you started to shiver, your teeth clattering together as your lips slowly started to lose their color. It was when you were on the verge of collapsing that two strong arms wrapped themselves around your waist, their heat warming your frozen heart.

"Henry," you softly mumbled.

And where's the obvious light?

Where's the obvious light?

He was like the sun, breaking through the dark storm that was raging in your head. His dark curls, now soaked by the heavy pour clung to his forehead while his cerulean eyes searched your face, and you became painfully aware of the darkened skin beneath them. He found the answer he was looking for in your own eyes and pressed one arm against the small of your back while lacing his other under your legs, swooping you up from the ground. His comforting smell embraced you and you pressed your nose in the crook of his neck, finding shelter against the thought that ran through your head.

His heavy footsteps echoed through the house as he found his way up the stairs, towards the bathroom. Steam rose from the bathtub and you inhaled the sweet smell of salt and chamomile as he slowly undressed you. Taking his time to caress your bluish skin, rubbing some warmth into it, before lowering you into the hot water. You released a hiss as your flesh hit the water before relaxing completely.

The man looked down at you, his eyebrows knitted together in worry and your body acted like it wasn't your own, wrapping his hand in a vice-like grip, begging him to join you.

He undressed and you scooted over, making room for the large man. The water splashed over the edge as you leaned back against his broad chest, savoring the feeling of his skin against you.

''Why didn't you tell me?'' His fingers traced the curve of your shoulder before tangling themself in your hair.

You ignored his question as you intertwined your hand with his free one. ''I'm tired, can't think of anything, and want only to lay my face in your lap, feel your hand on my head and remain like that through eternity.''

Has it all just come to this

Both wanting what the other cannot give

You felt his body rise and fall, his heartbeat keeping you grounded as it cleared your mind.

''I need you to take me with you,'' you breathed, ''the next time you leave.'' You dropped his hand and turned to finally face him, your eyes heavy with sadness. ''Can you promise me that? To take me wherever you go?''

''Yes,'' he whispered in relief, ''I can't stand the thought of being separated from you any longer.''

A real smile broke onto your face and a blush rose on your cheeks as he cupped your face, slowly pressing a lingering kiss on your parted lips.

''Together we will make it through this,'' he intertwined your hands this time, ''just don't let go.''