Geralt prompt

Your hair hung around your face in wet strands and your breath came out in little clouds, as you entered the woods. You shivered as the cold rain hit the naked skin on your shoulders and you wrapped your arms tightly around yourself, trying to keep warm. Your shoeless feet got stuck behind a branch and you fell forward, tearing the skin on your knees, as you cried out.

You released a shuddering breath before pushing yourself up. You had to find shelter if you wanted to survive the night, and you knew from experience that these woods had some hidden caves. You closed your eyes and opened your senses, using the little magic you had left, as you light up a path to the cave.

You stumbled into motion and followed the light, trying to reach the cave on time, as your strength started to falter. Your legs gave out the second you got into the cave and you could barely catch yourself, before slamming down on the floor.

The edges of your vision started to blur, darkness slowing creeping in, as you stared at the ceiling. The darkness had almost fully taken over when a figure appeared above you, staring down, and his glowing, golden eyes were the last thing you saw before the darkness dragged you under.

The warmth of a fire brought you back to consciousness. You slowly opened your heavy eyelids, and stared into the fire through your lashes, before opening them fully. You bit back a moan as you pushed yourself in a sitting position. You quickly scanned the cave and crawled back against the wall as you noticed the golden eyed figure, staring quietly at you from across the fire.

He raised from his space on the floor and moved closer to you, holding his hands up in surrender, showing you that he was innocent. "Don't be scared," his voice was a low rumble. "I'm not going to hurt you."

You flinched back as he reached out to your knee, taking a look at your wound, before settling down next to you. His eyes glowed as he looked down at you and you felt yourself shiver.

"Do you know who I am?" He questioned, and you shook your head. His shoulders dropped in what looked like relieve and a softer expression made his face almost warm. "You're burning up, I can feel the heat from here."

You snorted and wrapped your arms around yourself, wincing as pain shot through your body. "I think that's just the fire, getting into your head." You caught his gaze. "But I still don't know your name."

"Geralt of Rivia." The name sounded familiar to your ears, but no bells started to ring.

"I'm Y/N." You shifted closer to the warmth of the fire, as shivers started to take over your body.

Geralt wordlessly watched at your attempts to stay warm, his eyes light with concern.

"Maybe you should lay down," he suggested. "Get some more rest. It looks like your body is burned out."

You huffed at the suggestion and heaved yourself up, supporting yourself against the wall. You took a step forward on your shaky legs and moved closer to the entrance of the cave. "It was nice to meet you, Geralt. But it's time to go."

You managed exactly three steps, before you legs gave out. You let out a yelp and closed your eyes, bracing yourself for the impact on the ground. The impact, however, never came as a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around your body, pressing you against his chest.

The warmth of his body made you drowsy and you dropped your head in the crook of his neck, taking in the sweet scent of chamomile. You felt safe in his arms, something that didn't happen often, and the realization took your breath away. You closed your eyes as they became too heavy and let the darkness pull you under again.

The feeling of someone shifting against you woke you up for the second time. Your body felt well-rested and you were warm, as a strong arm was wrapped around your waist, securing you in place. You slowly turned to your other side, careful not to wake the sleeping man, and took your time studying him. You traced the lines of his face with your thumb, softly easing the frown between his eyebrows. The stubble on his chin made your fingers itch as you traced his jawline, down to his neck.

The pendant around his neck caught your attention and you leaned closer to get a better look at it. The wolf started to pulse as your hands roamed closer and you were about to grab it, when a hand shot out, stopping you. ''Don't touch that.''

You gasped as his touch send a spark through your body and it seemed like it caught Geralt off guard as well, as he pulled back to look at you. ''What are you?'' a whimper left your lips as you stared into his glowing eyes.

He pulled back from you and you felt strangely naked without his touch around you. ''I'm a witcher,'' you felt your body freeze at his answer, and started to slowly creep away from him. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and tilted his head at your actions.

''Now the question is, what are you?''

You bolted without answering his question. Your wounds healed themselves while you were asleep and you were full of energy as you rushed through the woods, leaving the witcher behind in the cave, a strange expression on his face, as he watched you go.