Chapter XI

Ever since the incident, Varian became desperate to do everything in his power to make his father proud of him.

The now fourteen-year-old princess was accepted by the kingdom after they found out about her magic, although Aquaria hadn't seen Delta in almost a year.

Aqua was coming home one night and she looked for her parents. She went to their room and saw her mom crying in her dad's arms.

"Mother? What's wrong?" She quickly ran over and hugged her mom.

"Your sister's crown has been stolen and tomorrow is her birthday... we were going to give it back to her once she returned, but now it's gone just like Rapunzel..." Arianna cried and Aquaria frowned.

"We will get the crown back, my love. Rapunzel will return soon," Frederic comforted.

"It's been eighteen years, Fred. What if she never comes home to us? Would she even want to come back to us? What if she has a family that she loves and doesn't want us?" Arianna desperately wanted her baby girl to return home. She had missed her growing up, but she still wanted her back.

"Don't say stuff like that, mom. Rapunzel will come home. I know it," Aqua said as she tried to get her mom to feel a bit better.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I know you're both right. I just really want her to come home..."

💧

A few days passed and Aquaria hadn't left the palace. She normally didn't leave the palace around the time of her lost sister's birthday.

She was sitting on the ground with a book while her mother gently brushed her hair. Frederic stood by them, looking out of the window with a sigh.

Suddenly, a guard ran into the room with a stunned look. He said nothing and just nodded.

"Well?"

"Rapunzel... sh-she's here!"

Arianna stood immediately in shock.

"Where?"

As soon as they were told that she was on the main balcony, the two royals ran to see their daughter. Aquaria ran after them, excited to meet her older sister.

When they opened the doors to the balcony, Aquaria looked out to see a tall girl with short jagged brown hair and beautiful green eyes. Beside her was Flynn Rider which she knew immediately since he had basically become Varian's hero.

Arianna approached Rapunzel and reached out her hand, gently caressing her cheek before they hugged each other tightly. Aqua ran over and joined the hug. Rapunzel looked up at her father and he smiled before taking his family into his arms.

They melted to the ground in a family hug as they cried together, all happy tears. Arianna looked up at Flynn and reached out for his hand before pulling him into the hug as well.

"We missed you so much, Rapunzel," Frederic said softly and Rapunzel smiled brightly.

"I'm so glad I'm home. I love you guys so much," she said happily before looking at Aquaria. "I have a sister... I've always wanted a sister..."

Aqua smiled as she looked up at her older sister. "I've always wanted to meet you."

"What happened to your hair, Rapunzel? It used to be golden blonde," Frederic asked curiously and she let out a little laugh.