Chapter XII

About a week passed and Aquaria went to see Varian. She saw Maximus and Fidella stuck in Varian's purple goo.

"What are you two doing here?" She asked curiously and Max whinnied at her.

"I'll get you out of this. Just give me a minute," Aqua said before running up to Varian's lab. She went inside and saw Rapunzel in one of Varian's machines.

"Umm... what's going on here?"

"Aquaria! Hey! What are you doing here?" Rapunzel asked curiously. "I thought you said you were gonna go hang out with your boyfriend today."

Aqua blushed and replied, "Varian's not my boyfriend."

Varian was bright red from Rapunzel basically saying that he was dating Aqua.

"Varian is your friend?!" Rapunzel smiled brightly, having wanted to meet her sister's mystery friend. She hadn't even thought to ask their parents if they knew who it was.

"That I am!" Varian said proudly.

"Aqua talks about you all the time!" Rapunzel smiled and Aqua smiled as well.

"Anyways, what are you doing here, sis?" Aqua asked, wanting to know why Rapunzel and Cassandra had come.

"I wanted answers about my hair and Cassandra took me here. She told me he was a wizard," Rapunzel said and Aqua grinned.

"Don't call him a wizard, sis. He gets very defensive of his alchemy," she teased and Varian stuck his tongue out at her.

"Children," Cass muttered under her breath.

"Now let's do this!" Rapunzel said and Aqua stood beside Cass.

"Okay! Now, um, this may get a little-"

"Exciting?!" Rapunzel cut Varian off.

"Um, sure, yeah! That's a good word for it!" Varian said quickly before turning on the machine.

Pascal jumped off Rapunzel's shoulder quickly. Aquaria watched as Rapunzel was spun, flipped, and shaken around by the machine. Soon it stopped and the bell dinged.

"And there we are! Done!" Varian said and Aqua snorted, knowing that they were only done with the first test since he had literally made the machine to figure out what had happened to her hair to make it change color.

"Alright, not super fun, but it's over," Rapunzel laughed a little.

"Heh, oh sorry," Varian started, rubbing his neck. "Yeah, I-I meant done with the first test. But uh, d-don't worry! Only eighty-six more to go!" He pulled the lever again and Aqua giggled a little.

"Are we even sure this is safe?" Cassandra asked Aquaria and she nodded.

"I've been through it twice," Aqua assured with a nod.

"Amazing!" Varian exclaimed before dodging the circular saw that went flying. "You were right it's absolutely unbreakable!"

"But I'm betting you're not!" Eugene burst in. "Let her go!" He demanded.

"Eugene! Hey!" Rapunzel looked at him sheepishly.

"Blondie! You're okay! You wanna tell me what's going on here? You know what, I don't care. I'm getting you out of there." Eugene ran up to Rapunzel and Aqua saw Varian's eyes widen.

"Hey! You're Flynn Rider!" Varian gushed excitedly.

"No. You don't know what you're talking about. I've never seen you before in my life. You can't prove anything!" Eugene had his arms crossed.