Chapter XXI

Aquaria was walking into the castle with a bright smile.

"Hey, princess. How was your night out?" Cassandra asked when she saw the look on Aquaria's face.

"It was wonderful," Aqua said with a giggled as Eugene and Rapunzel walked over.

"Squirt! You're back! How is Goggles doing?"

"He's doing great! But hey, Cass, you need to hear this," Aqua said with a grin.

"What is it?" Cass raised an eyebrow.

"This man right here can keep a secret." Aqua patted Eugene on the chest.

"I don't believe it," Cass said as she shook her head.

"He actually didn't tell me Varian's plan. Can you believe it?"

King Frederic and Queen Arianna walked over to greet their youngest when they heard the four talking.

"Wait, he really did it? I'm so proud of him! I knew the kid could do it!" Eugene laughed but Rapunzel and Cassandra looked confused. "I helped the kid with a plan to ask Squirt to be his girlfriend," he explained.

"Really? You said yes, right?" Arianna asked, excited for her daughter.

"Of course I said yes!" Aquaria beamed as she thought about the night before. "I've wanted this for a while!"

"I didn't know you liked him!" Rapunzel said and Cassandra raised an eyebrow.

"How could you not know? You were in Varian's lab when I was talking to Aquaria about her having feelings for him," Cass said.

"I was being spun around and there were loud noises around me. Plus, she kept insisting that they were just friends," Rapunzel defended.

"How could you not know just by the way she talks about him. It was extremely obvious, Blondie," Eugene said.

"Yeah, it must've been obvious if Fitzherbert could tell," Cass said smugly.

"You know what, I'm gonna ignore what you just said." Eugene crossed his arms.

"It wasn't obvious," Rapunzel said with a frown.

"Um, it really was, sweetie," Arianna said to her daughter.

"Dad?"

"I've known for a while," Frederic admitted.

"Pascal?"

The green lizard nodded in agreement with everyone else.

"Friedborg?" Rapunzel looked at the handmaiden who was just standing there. Friedborg nodded once.

"It was soooo totally obvious," Shorty said out of nowhere and Aquaria jumped, not having seen him come up beside her. "Who are we talking about?"

Aquaria rolled her eyes with a slight laugh.

"I don't think it was that obvious," Stan said as he walked with Pete and Rapunzel looked at the two.

"See! Stan didn't think it was obvious!" She said with a smile.

"Oh, sorry, princess. I was talking to Pete about how he didn't polish his helmet yesterday. What were you talking about?" Stan looked at the eldest princess.

"Did you know that Aquaria liked Varian?" Rapunzel asked and Stan hummed.

"No, I don't think so. Who's Varian?" Stan asked. "Oh wait! The goggles boy that she hangs out with at her birthday every year! Everyone knows she likes him!"

"Yeah, they've been friends forever! It was obvious when she started liking him!" Pete chuckled.

"How did I not see it?" Rapunzel asked, feeling like she didn't even know her sister now.