No Matter What.

(Trauma and Abuse Warning ⚠️)

Loser sat by his own cove, the computer latched onto the ground as he read the experiment's diary.

Dear Diary,

I've been seeing flowers outside, but my father doesn't let me out. They look so pretty too! I hope one day I'll see them.

Loser's eyes are tired, from staying awake for too long. He can't think rationally, as thoughts in his mind keep popping. He flips through the pages, but all he can see is terror, and agony.

"It's not okay to stay awake for long periods of time."

Loser looks up, and he saw Lollipop, handing him a blanket. "Thanks." Lollipop sat next to Loser, as she stares at the others. "You look too serious, Loser. Give it a break."

Loser whined. "I can't stop now, I have a gut feeling that—"

"Loser, you'll think much, much, more better if you just take a nap and rest. It's that easy. There's more time in the world than you can imagine."

Loser sighed, and gave up. "Fine. But when I wake up you can't stop me."

"Whatever you say, God." She stated, and left.

On the contrary, everyone seemed to be hanging out a lot. Nothing much has happened, since Four proclaimed that he wasn't ready for a challenge yet and has to adapt the fact that X isn't with him.

So, the others just calmed themselves, and did everything they can do in the meanwhile. Firey went on fishing— despite having a fear of water. Woody— was busy having a picnic with Teardrop. Blocky and Taco were writing letters to send to their friends, particularly Pen and Book, correspondingly.

The others just hung out or roamed around. Four warned them not to go too far else he won't find them.

Time passed by, as the sun began to dim down, and the sky painted with reddish-pnk and blue all around. It was breathtaking.

Loser arose from his sleep, rubbing his eyes as he continue his scavenge of this mystery experiment. Nearby him was a sleeping Four, who was next to Leafy, who was chatting with Ruby and Flower. Loser could hear their conversation.

"Leafy, do you think Flower is pretty?" Ruby inquired.

"Of course she does, Ruby!" Boasted Flower, as she shows off her magnificent petals.

Leafy laughed. "Yes she is, Ruby. In fact, Flower was the very first Flower I've seen in my life!"

Ruby pondered. "How come, Leafy?"

"I've never seen an actual flower before. My father never lets me."

The trio laugh, as Four snoozed into the sunset. On the other hand, Loser had heard them, since they were so close. He froze, his mind shrieking into abyss. His hands trembled, as he kept sweating. Loser breathed in and out, calming his senses. He couldn't believe it— it was impossible!
He looked back at the diary, and on that one particular page.

Loser needed some research for this.

He stayed up all night, as the flashlight kept burning up. He read the diary, analyzing the pattern— handwriting— marks— stains— and the tone. He'd imagine himself writing this.

It doesn't feel right.

Today, Father showed me a lot of shapes! But he was angry so he punished me since I was getting wrong.

Father showed me a book. He told me to memorize it, but I can't. He kicked me to the wall, too! I'm fine now, just bedridden.

Father injected something in me. Whatever it was, it hurt so much! I have a fever now but Father keeps telling me to do my chores. I don't want to run 8 laps of 10 miles! Oh, diary, what should I do?

Today, I finally got outside! But father caught me and locked me up. I'm so hungry too!

Father has been making me run a lot lately, it's weird.

Father forgot to feed me today, but if I remind him, he'll put me back to my prison!

Father didn't feed me today. It's been what, 8 days?

Father has been forcing me to this.. teleport thing. What is it?

Diary, am I okay?

Diary, Father is carrying another needle. Have I been a bad child lately?

I've been seeing all these people around me. They hold the same needles my Father uses, and I always get so sleepy when they inject it.

It's weird waking up, Diary. My bed's all messy but I remember cleaning it yesterday!

You know, Diary— I think I found a friend!

Signs. These were all signs.

Abuse.

Illegal medicine.

Over working a child.

Trauma.

Slavery.

Starvation.

She's gone through all this.

Loser winced, his eyes dropping salty droplets of water. He held back his grimace, as he throws the diary out of his sight. He screamed, and was left with a hoarse voice. He fell down to the ground, and sobbed his lungs out. He didn't want to admit it— He couldn't admit it. It was impossible— It can't happen.

The only evidence he has was the flower— nothing else.

Loser scanned through the end of the diary, hoping to find something.

I saw this red kid today! She looked like me, and we hung out a lot.

Hey, Diary, am I okay?

Diary, the red kid said we'll be escaping? Why should we? Is father a bad guy?

Diary, we shouldn't trust father. He's bad! He hurt me— and tricked me!

Diary, I'm scared. What if my friend dies because of this?

Diary, me and my friend got caught. Now we're being punished. I'm so sad!

He skimmed, flipping the pages until he arrived at the last one. Loser dropped the diary, as his hands trembled at the sight.

Help me.

Written in blood, now darkened.

"Hey, Loser, are you okay?" That voice— Leafy.

"I'm fine." Loser squeaked out.

Her eyes ran to what was next to Loser— a diary. "Hey, Loser.."

Loser gulped, backing off, hiding the diary behind him.

"Where did you get that thing?" Leafy demanded, looking at him with bloodshot eyes.

Loser was petrified. "Wh-why? Is there something wr..wrong?"

Leafy smiled, a grimacing, hurtful smile. "Loser.. tell me..will you keep this a secret?"

Loser couldn't back away further— he's just leaning on the wall now. "Wh-what secret..?"

Leafy stepped closer and closer— and clapped her hands and laughed. Her bloodshot eyes no more. "Don't tell Four I'm awake at night! He hates it when I stay past my bedtime."

Loser.. stood there. Processing what Leafy just said, but he laughed it off. "Haha, yeah, right. Okay."

Leafy smiles, a heartwarming smile, as she skips back to Four, and sleeps beside him.

Loser fell to the ground— again. His knees got weak, as he never saw this side of Leafy— ever.

"Ahh.. maybe.. I was wrong."

With that in mind, Loser was finally put to rest, and fell asleep on the warm grass. Except— someone had saw it all.

But who?