Chapter 18

3rd pov

It's now been a few weeks and Crystal couldn't be anymore happier than she is now. No longer does she have to worry about being hurt in the hallways of school as she could be herself and that's the tough girl that no one dares to mess with, but then there's the sweet and caring girl that's hidden underneath. Crystal has been hurt too many times to show this side to anyone else then the ones she truly trusts. Jackson is staring to finally see just how much Crystal cares about the things she likes.

For instance Crystal is now making sure that Jackson eats well, keeps up with his hygiene as he stinks when he doesn't take a shower and his hair is always a mess, though that is now fixed. Texts of 'good morning' and 'good night' are exchanged along with the occasional 'I love you'. That's right people, they have fully expressed their feelings into words, well that would be only Crystal since Jackson doesn't have a filter. Anyway it's almost time for the talent show and Crystal and Jackson are prepping as much as they can, wanting to get the song perfect.

"Are you sure I sound fine?" Crystal asks as she fiddles with the microphone that resides in her sweaty palms. "I just don't want to go up onto the stage and embarrass myself because I sound like a dying cow." She knows that she isn't the best singer, and that she could do better vocal wise, but she is so self-conscious of this that she just quiets down.

Jackson looks up from where he is strumming different cords of their song on his electric guitar. "Why are you doubting yourself, love? I know that when you go on that stage everything will disappear and you will do awesome." He stands up and walks over to Crystal, wrapping his muscled arms around her torso in the back hug. "You sound lovely to me and everyone else who has had the chance to hear you sing."

"You always know just the thing to make me feel better, don't you?" Crystal giggled as she wiggled herself around to face Jackson. "Now come here you big goof." She leant her all of her weight onto Jackson and they both went tumbling as he didn't expect it. They both ended up rolling around on the ground wrestling each other in fits of laughter where they eventually tired themselves out and fell asleep cuddled up together on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the middle of the talent show and Crystal was a jittery mess. Sweat already ran down her neck from the nervousness she felt from staring at the crowd from behind the stage curtains. She had waited through 17 performances and each one made her more anxious then the one previous. "I can't do this." Crystal mumbled and went to head backstage when the curtains slid open and light shone around her frozen figure. Silence reigned around the auditorium and all Crystal wanted to do right then was to curl up in a ball and cry.

"There's no backing out now." Jackson whispered into Crystals ear from where he had walked up behind her prone form. "I'm right here next to you, and I will be for whoever knows how long. I won't be leaving you to deal with this on your own." Words of reassurance tumbled out of his mouth and into Crystals ear. "I know you will do great because you are Crystal Peters. The girl who is a fierce badass woman who won't let anything get to her, or bring her down. The girl who will push through and achieve what she wants." Jackson gave a smirk as he knew that he reached through to his girlfriend. "Now go up front and show just who those losers are missing with." And with that Jackson took his spot standing to the right of the microphone stand.

Crystal took a deep breath to calm herself down and slowly turn around to face her fears. Seeing all the hundreds of faces staring back at her, made Crystal just want to dart out of there and somewhere safe. But taking a look at Jackson made all her nervousness disappear, mostly. Walking up to the mic stand, Crystal took a hold over the black mic and nodded in the direction of Jackson to start playing.

The starting cords of "How Do You Love Someone" by Ashley Tisdale sounded out into the audience. A short inhale was taken before Crystal started singing the song.

"Momma never told me how to love

Daddy never told me how to feel

Momma never told me how to touch

Daddy never showed me how to heal

Momma never set a good example

Daddy never held momma's hand

Momma found everything hard to handle

Daddy never stood up like a man

I walked alone, broken

Emotionally frozen

Getting it on

Getting it wrong

How do you love someone

Without getting hurt

How do you love someone

Without crawling in the dirt

So far in my life

Clouds have blocked the sun

How do you love, how do you love someone

I was always the chosen child

The biggest scandal I became

They told me I'd never survive

But survival's my middle name

I walked alone, hoping

Just barely coping

Getting it on

Getting it wrong

How do you love someone

Without getting hurt

How do you love someone

Without crawling in the dirt

So far in my life

Clouds have blocked the sun

How do you love, how do you love someone

It's hard to talk

To see what's deep inside

It's hard to tell the truth

When you've always lied

How do you love someone

Without getting hurt

How do you love someone

Without crawling in the dirt

So far in my life

Clouds have blocked the sun

How do you love, how do you love someone

How do you love someone

And make it last

How do you love someone (love someone)

Without tripping on the past

So far in my life

Clouds have blocked the sun

How do you love, how do you love someone

How do you love, how do you love someone, someone"

Crystal bent her head as tears fell down her face. It was silent for a moment before people stood up and applauded. It shocked Crystal that people liked it so much because they wouldn't stop clapping and hollering out. A huge smile over took her face and Crystal looked op to see not a single person sitting down.

This is the happiest moment of her life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the long wait for an update. Two years is too long, but I have finally done another chapter. I hope it's too everyone's liking. Do you want another chapter about who wins or no? Up to you guys. So comment and like.

~Bri