Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Seductive Islander

Alexa’s Point of View

I am not in a mood to eat my dinner. Instead of thinking those bullshits, I just walk in the seashore, busy picking up stones. I was stupid enough to forgive Eros. And that's the greatest mistakes I have ever done in my life.

It is better to be alone, you can do whatever you want to do and of course it creates a good atmosphere. Walking here solely made me realized that Eros brought great mutilation to my life. Hingin ko lang sana ay nawa'y tuluyan na siyang maglaho sa buhay ko. He often messes things up.

And since I miss to play guitar, I forced myself to borrow this to the person who is playing at my back. I want to forget all this pains.

I placed my fingers on some strings and strummed the guitar to start the song. Ramdam na ramdam ko ang togtog dito while waiting the cue to start singing.

“Here you are alone and you deserve it.
Your friend have turned to stone and that's on you.” I sing lovingly. This is one of my favorite playlists---Once Upon a Time.

“You had cause to serve but did you serve---” Napahinto ako nang magsalita ang lalaki sa aking likod. I gently turned my head at my back and look at him. “Masarap pala pakinggan ang boses mo, miss.” Wika niya sa'kin habang nakangiti.

“Hindi naman masyado.” I said and strummed again the guitar. “Can I join?” He asks.

“Oh, sure.” I answered and give him a space to sit. Alangan naman hindi natin siya pasasalihin, eh, sa kanya itong gitara. “Maari bang ako nalang ang mag-gitara para sa iyo?” Then he asks me a favor so I gave him a nod.

I handed out the guitar to him while smiling. He's really such a good guy. I do like boys who know how to sing and play guitar. Kaya isa na rin siya sa mga hinahangaan ko.

“Ano ba ang kakantahin natin?” Tanong ko sa kanya habang siya ay nakayuko dahil abalang ina-adjust niya ang gitara. “Iyong kinanta mo lang kanina.” He replied while he is still looking downward to the guitar.

“Okay.” Sabi ko sa kanya. I like to jam myself with him. Pakiramdam ko kasi rito nababagay ang sarili ko bukod sa parehos kami ng talento ay magkapareho rin kami ng mga gusto.

“Let's start.” He uttered while trying to play the guitar. Sinubukan kasi niyang kaskasin ito upang malaman kung okay naba ang tone at melody nito. “Okay.” Matipid na wika ko habang nakangiti sa kanya.

Now he started strumming and I waited for the signal to enter. He looks at me while shaking his head side to side as he is enjoying the music.

“1, 2, 3, Go.” Sabi niya sa'kin at agad naman akong pumasok sa pagkanta. “Here you are alone and you deserve it.
Your friend have turned to stone and that's on you.” Tumingin ako sa kanya. He's is really good in playing the guitar. Hindi ako nawawala rito ng dahil sa masyadong nahasa na ang sarili niya rito sa paggi-gitara.

“Sabayan mo ako.” I requested him at tumango naman ito. “Goes once upon a time a girl tried harder.” Sabay naming kanta rito.

“Once upon a time  she tried again. Once upon a braver choice. She took a risk.” I can't believe that he has good voice too. Hindi lang pala siya magaling sa gitara kun'di sa kantahan din.

“She used her voice. And that will be my once upon a time, this time.” The song has ended at kita ko sa kanyang mga mata ang saya na nararamdaman niya.

“Deim.” He said while giving his hand in order for us to make a hand shake. “Nice name by the way I'm Alexa and Alex for short.” I said and give him a beeming smile.