Chapter 3

C h a p t e r 3

(Solomon's POV)

(Solomon's POV)

"...And they pronounce my name bizarrely due to their native tongue. Instead of Sah-low-men, they say So-roh-mon." I explained to my grandfather over the phone, who just laughed in response.

"Well I'm happy you made it safely, boy. I wish you would have called sooner, you had me worried," he said, making me feel guilty.

"Sorry Papa, I've been busy non stop since I stepped off that plane. This is the only time I've had to myself all day to call you. I haven't even had an opportunity to contact Connor and Faith yet."

They're probably worried sick.

"Well go ahead and check in with them, I know how much they care about you. I'm just happy that you're safe and I got to hear your voice."

"But-"

"No 'buts'! Hang up this phone and talk to your friends. I know they're probably staring at their phones, looking crazy, waiting for you to call them!" He said sternly, causing me to chuckle.

"Yes sir."

"Good. Alright, love you boy, and don't be bad mouthing anyone over there. That mouth of yours will get you into trouble in a heartbeat." He stated, and I could physically picture him doing his old person "finger wag".

He's not wrong.

I already cursed at one adult today.

He deserved it though.

"Yes, yes ok. I love you too." I responded with a smile.

I hung up the phone and went directly into the group chat me and my friends have and pressed FaceTime. They both answered on the first ring.

I guess Papa was right.

"Oh God, you had me worried sick!" Faith's loud voice flooded out the speaker, bouncing off the walls. I had to put my headphones in, because even with the doors closed people down the hall would be able to hear everything she says.

"Damn Faith, it seems as though you get louder every time we speak to each other," I said in faux irritation, making Connor laugh and Faith start yelling profanities at me.

"It's nice to see you made it safely PineSol," Connor said, using the nickname I hate.

I flipped him off through the camera, and he faked a hurt expression.

"Solomon I misssss youuuuuu!" Faith cried out over the camera.

A solemn expression took over Connor and i's faces. Her saying that made me more homesick than I already was.

"I miss you too. I miss both of you. You're the only things that keep me sane."

When I said that they both got a knowing look on their faces, causing me to roll my eyes. Connor spoke up.