Chapter 9

LAWD JESUS I BEEN WORKING ON THESE CHAPTERS ALL DAY!
enjoy ;)
xxx
C h a p t e r 9

LAWD JESUS I BEEN WORKING ON THESE CHAPTERS ALL DAY!enjoy ;)xxxC h a p t e r 9

(Solomon's POV)

"So how was your first day, boy?" My grandfather asked over the phone.

I frowned at the question, the events from yesterday flashing through my mind. I let out a deep sigh as I laid back on the bed, staring at the high ceiling.

"Terrible," I answered, honestly.

That was the best word to describe it, other than "shit", but that one would have gotten me in trouble.

"Oh cmon Solomon, it couldn't have been that horrible." He said in a tone full of disbelief. "You know your depressed ass is constantly looking on the bad side of things," he stated with a chuckle.

"Funny how you turn my realism into pessimism," I stated with an eye roll and sat up again.

"It was terrible, Papa. Everyone kept looking at me like I was an alien, a rumor circulated around about me being from Africa, people kept staring at my Jordan's I had to wear because my dress shoes are extremely too small, and that's not even the worst of it. I'm the journalist for is the most uncessary and shitty ex-

"Language, boy" Papa scolded, and I could physically see his harsh scowl. I chuckled nervously. If I was at home I would have gotten smacked in the head.

"Sorry, sorry," I quickly apologized. "I'm the journalist for the most unnecessary and crappy excuse of a club with the most irritating members known to man,"

Even thinking about them made my blood boil.

"Remember what I told you, Sol. Your time over there is going to be full of trials and tribulations, but what matters the most is how you get through them," he preached and I felt my eyes tear up at his words.

"I don't want to do this anymore Papa,"

Hell I never wanted to do this in the first place.

I just wanted to be home. I wanted to wake up in my own bed and go to school with my friends. I wanted a fucking hug from my grandfather. I fucking hated it here. Faith, Connor, and I were supposed to be spending our high school years together, and it felt like they were growing up and going through this chapter in our lives without me.

This entire thing was shit.

"I know Solomon, I know," I heard him say, his tone soft.