3 - Cloe Ryuzaki

How dare he tell me that I'm pretending to be superior. How dare he tell me that I fabricates, doesn't that mean that I'm a liar? I hate his slovenliness and I despise his know-it-all attitude. I don't like him! "Miss Ryuzaki?" Watari asked. Another black-out, I guess- that happen when I'm to deep in though. "Yes!" He smiled at me poorly and sighed. "L and a few of his superiors will sit in on this meeting. Now if you would please hand over your portable radio?" His question came to a shock to me. I shook my head and said, "Please don't? I can't concentrate without my music." He nodded. "I'm fully aware of your capabilities. But before we test you, I would like to ask you a few questions without your music." He motioned for me to hand it over. Sceptically I obeyed his order. "I understand that you prefer being called Angel. Am I correct?" I nodded. "Well Angel, can you tell me what's the meaning of reincarnation?" I looked at Mello, he kindly smiled at me. L was sitting just behind him. I'm searching for the answer. It's bad! "Um... I think- (sigh)! Your'e soul? Rebirth? I- I'm not sure..." I let my face fall into my hands. On the brink of tears. "Relax? How do you spell Jeopardize?" Now I'm feeling truely irritated. Braiding my fingers through my hair. "J. Je. P? No, no, no! Jeo." I looked down at my feet. "Dammit!" I whispered. Somebody jumped up. I recognized Mello's voice. "Watari, you're clearly taking this to far! Can't you tell that she's aggravated?" I looked up when Watari said "Here," and gave me my portable radio. Immediantly I insurted the phones into my ears.

After a while he asked, "Are you ready?" I nodded as I sat up straight. "Roger's going to show you five inkblobs. I want you to tell me the first thing that comes to mind." I gave another nod. He flashed me the first card. The black ink smuged into each other, but in the mess I can see a vehicle, but not just any vehicle. "The Duryea. It was the first successful U.S. petrol car. Build by the brothers Charles E. and J. Frank Duryea in the 1890'." Roger switched to the next card. "It's a frog. Classified as an amphibian. A small, tailless animal with bulging eyes. The first frogs appeared on Earth about 180 million years ago. From these ancestors, about 2,700 species of frogs and toads have developed." He looked at me in total awe. The next card held a castle hidden between the lines. "The Osaka Castle. It lies on a hill in the city of Osaka, Japan. Construction began in 1583 and was completed after three years. The castle was damaged after an invasion in 1615, but it was restored in 1620." I was on a roll and enjoying every second of it. I smiled when I saw the next card. "The Eiffel Tower. It rises 300 meters from a base that's 101 square meters. Location- Paris, French. Designed by Alexandre Gustave Eiffel for a competition at the World's Fair of 1889." Watart exhaled loudly. "She's not just intellegent, but extraordinary! She is brilljant!" I heard one of the guys saying. One of the two whome I didn't know. Roger cleared his throat as he showed me the final card. "The Titanic. It was a British passenger ship that sank in the North Atlantic after being strucked by an iceberg. At 11:40 pm, on the 14th day of April, 1912. 1,517 people died in the disaster." Watari gave a step closer and came to a halt beside Roger. "You truely are impeccable. Let me ask you again; what does reincarnation mean, and how do you spell jeopardize?" I gave a heavy sigh and answered, "Reincarnation is the rebirth  of the soul in a new body. A new incarnation or embodiment. And for your second question: J-e-o-p-a-r-d-i-z-e, jeopardize." There were whispers among the few orphans. "You've got a rare case of OCPD," L said as he joined Watari's side. I jumped up. "Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD), yeah I know- but how could I have possibly known that. I quote: 'other than you I'm not pretending to be- I am, superior!' Wasn't that what you told me just last night? I bet, I'll be able to teach you a thing or two, don't take me lightly!" I turned my attention towards Watari and continue, "And you had me at a disadvantage. I might be an orphan at your orphanage, but I rather that you don't ever put me in such position, ever again!" I turned around and left. Mello and another guy followed me through the door.

"That was so hot," the stranger claimed. I recognized his voice. He was the one who told the others that I'm extraordinary. His features is nothing compare to those of Mello, instead, when I look at him, he reminds me of a ginger cat. Completely with red hair and green eyes, but even so he's quite attractive. "No offence dude, but you're a little to young for me. I'm strickly into older guys," I said with a wide smile. "Well, you look about sixteen, more or less. The only guys that would be in your range is: L, Vash, Gorobei, Naruto, Rue and Paul! As I undersandit, you and L don't get along. Paul is a jackass. Naruto is more into guys. Gorobei is crazy so I'll suggest that you stay away from him. Rue is just plain creepy. Vash is the only decent guy among them, but he's L's best friend. Just thought you might want to know that." I gave a loud sigh and asked, "Any guys, my age, around here?" The strange kid who walked at my left answered, "There's only Joshua, but he's very reserved." I'm being flanked by the two of them. "Okay, really? Thanks to the advice, but the are you?" Mello laughed at my statement. "How rude of me? I am Matt Jeevas, a friend of Mello's. You should sit with us." I looked down at my feet. "I think I'm going to skip breakfast!" Mello looked at me as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "You should definitly join us. I'll introduce you to our friends and if you still hate the idea of joining us- I'll be more than happy to fetch you a fruit platter." Mello were trying to cheer me up and, to my surprise, it was working. "Hey, come to think of it- Are you and Rue related?" Mello asked me all of a sudden. I looked at him quizzically. "You share the same surname," he explained himself. I shook my head, knowing that I'm an only child.

"I had no idea what I'm to get you, so I decided on a fruit salad and yoghurt." Mello said as he handed me my breakfast. I cheerfully thanked him. After a while he joined us again with his own breakfast; a bowl of chocolate chip cookies and a cup of coffee. Not very nutritious! "Guys let me introduse you to Angel, she's extraordinarily intellegent. She might even give L a run for his money." They were all shocked beyond words. "From my left: Hana, Killer, Erica,  Qiao, Tohru and Ilya. You already know Matt." I greeted them with a plain and simple hello. "See I told you that I'm a friend of Mello's," Tohru said with a smile. "You know each other. When did the two of you meet?" Matt asked wide eyed. "Last night when she kindly explained the term liar to L. She told him that he's slovenly dress, he was kinda mean to her, and so she slapped him." Tohru informed the others. "She have a ready tongue. She even put Watari on his place. There's really no denying it, she thinks little of L," Mello said it as it is. "Are you sure 'cause I think that he might be into you?" The girl who are called Erica questioned. My eyes asked the 'why' question before my mouth had the time to vocal it. "His been checking you out girl," the red head told me. "How can you be sure? He could just as well be looking at you, or you, or you... or, maybe even, you!" I said pointing at them one at a time. "You're creeping me out! I'm a ladiesman, and L is not into that type of relationships-" Matt quickly came to his own devence. "Oh really? How would you know if you're a ladiesman?" Everybody burst out in bubbles of laughter. I gave them a wry smile as if I haven't caught the joke. I bowed my head slightly and ate a spoonful of of salad. It's heavenly! As the others were talking about random stuff, I peeked from under my armpit. Jip, there's no mistaking it; he's actually staring at me. All of a sudden he stood up and started walking this way. Oh, crap!