16 - Lawliet

I was still sitting with my fingers tangled through my hair, when they entered. “I knew it...! The moment I laid eyes on that rose, I knew it!!!” Mello exclaimed as he took his stand across from me. I looked up at him. An emotional wreckage. “What's he talking about? Is Angel in some kind of danger?' Vash were quick with his twin questions. “I know that Rikku has her issues, but I doubt that she'll go so far as to harm Angel,” Near stated. I along with everybody else looked up at the boy in utter disbelief. “Who said anything about Rikku?” Matt asked taking it upon himself to break the awkward silence. “I'm completely aware of that, but nobody can deny it. Up till now she is the only one who posted a thread,” Near concluded calm and collected; as he twirled a stray lock of hair between his fingers. I must say that he made a valid point, but she wouldn't accuse Watari for turning her into a wicked psychopath. She doesn't seem like a bloody murderer-- What would her motive be: ME? Neither is she an animal killer. Then again nowadays you'll never know! Ted is one of the world's well known psychopaths. He would've never been caught if it weren't for the 12th year old, Kimberly Leach. Whim he abducted on the 9th of Feb, 1978 from her school. Jack on the other hand, were one of London's greatest serial killers who only slaughtered prosetudes. His last victim were a young lady by the name of Mary Jane Kelly, also known as the mystery girl_ whim we know nothing about. The Zodiac were one of the most intelligent killers known to mankind. Sending cryptic letters to the local papers. The FBI tried solving the Z340 cipher, but it was never fully cracked. The Zodiac had never been identified_ so the gender would remain a mystery. What I'm getting to, at the moment, is that the most innocent looking person could turn out murderous.

I explained to them the entire situation. Not with holding a single detail. Immediately they came to the same conclusion; that Rikku don't fit the image. Though, there are a few who fit this gruesome description perfectly, but it's just wrong to point a finger. Without any proof we don't have a foot to stand on. To investigate them would be called stalking. We sat for hours, deciding how we're to approach the situation. But still we came up empty-handed. At the end we took it upon ourselves to keep an open eye on her at all times. That is our prerogative!

                             ***

Chloe Ryuzaki

As the next few weeks passed by, L and a few others changed dramatically. To my astonishment, the roses suddenly stopped after the second one. I'm hardly ever alone, because there's always somebody who's hovering over me. Today's the day that I am going to put a stop to this madness. There's no other way as to confront L head on!

While we walked hand in hand, I suddenly stated (not caring much for the ears that's in a hearing distance): “Even a mole, in his state of utter blindness; can tell that you're the reason behind these over protective manners.” He looked at me shocked as he bit down on his thumb. He opened his mouth to say something in return, but I didn't give him a chance, instead I concluded: “Dew to all respect, this is a save haven_, isn't it? The only way for someone with a high IQ and murderous instinks to enter these walls; is if they walk these halls.” As quickly as these words exiled my lips, a shiver crossed my spine. Fear were clearly noticeable in my irises. He looked down at me in dismay. He leads me away towards a saver location, where we could speak in peace. “You are incredible! You came to the same conclusion as I had, in a matter of seconds,” he said as he leaned in closer to kiss me.

Every time our lips touch-- it feels like a brand-new experience. Every time it's sweeter and potained then the one before. It takes my breath away and leaves me dizzy for a fraction of a second. His body is my shelter. His arms my protection. I'm saved in his presence. After; what felt like (not long enough), our kiss ended. He whispered in my ear how much he loves me and I grinned like a fool. “How long have that confession been cooped up? That statement back there; weren't just scooped up within a mere second. You've been debating for a while now, haven't you?” he told me with another smile, that made me wanna jump in and lose my innocence with him. He put his thumb to his bottom lip and asked as he looked me straight in the eyes: “Is this lust that I'm sensing?” After licking my slightly dried lips, I answered his question with a maybe. I could tell that his enjoying the moment, every second of it. He gave a long heavy sigh before saying, “It's getting late, so let's get you back to your room.” That's not what I wanted to hear, but oh well_ it's bound to happen one way or another. As we reached my door, my breath caught up in my throat. Nausea turned within the pit of my stomach.

                               ***

Lawliet

The face of horror greeted us at her door. Pinned towards her room's entrance were yet another rose. This one had yet another scarlet painted peddle, while the rest remained untouched. As I unpinned it a folded note falls to the ground. I picked it up and unfolded it. In an eerie, halve smudged, child-like scribble; stood written in something that looked an awfully like blood:

Tick Tock.....
The tiny mouse ran up the clock
The mouse falls down
And breaks her crown
Tick. Tick.. Tick... tick_
TOCK.....!

“There's no way that I'm leaving you alone tonight,” I told her as I pushed a slightly frightened Angel against me. Together we went to Watari's office to inform him about the new rose and the note that's combined. She is indeed, still, in danger. After I gave it to Watari, I told him that she would be spending the night in my room. Watari knew better as to argue. Before we left I turned towards the elderly man, who was more of a father figure to me and stated, “With God as my witness I promise this. I will catch this son of a bitch and burn him to the ground!”

I went along with her towards her chamber, so that she could fetch herself some clean nightwear. After that we had a silent stroll towards the girl's bathroom quarters. Outside I sat and waited for her to finish up. I have all the time in the world. If she feels like soaking her tiredly stressed limps all night long, then I just have to wait until she's ready to face the light. After about half an hour, she came out wearing, comfy looking nightwear. Playful kittens, balls of yarn and wind-up mice is printed in a random pattern over soft pink and canary yellow yammies. I looked her once over, from head to toes. Her feet had transformed into kittens, as her matching slippers came alive. In a bold playful style stood written: Purr-fection guaranteed. She looks so cute in these. “What? Do I look silly? Did I forget to comb my hair?” She asked me in a panicked tone. “No, nothing of the sort. In the contrary; I think you look cute,” I assured her. She smiled sweetly at me as a shade of crimson dusted her cheeks. I picked myself up from the ground. I put my thumb back upon my bottom lip as I stared at her, on our way back towards my room. Thinking of her, as a delicious looking cupcake which I want to devour; but in a more sincere manner, then just being greedy.