17 - Cloe Ryuzaki

As we walked down the corridor towards L's chamber, I could feel his eyes upon me. What could possibly be going through his head? A little smile crossed my lips, without warning. He seems so innocent when his thumb lingers upon his lip like that. After a few more minutes, we reached his room. After unlocking it he motioned for me to enter. What a gentleman he turned out to be? “You can take the bed,” he told me. I asked a question without the need to vocalize it, because it laid shallow within my gaze. “Don't worry so much. I'm not a very big sleeper; the ground's fine with me.” He answered my silent question. “Now could you be so kind as to turn around, so that I could have a change of clothes?” He asked me politely. I turn my back on him, allowing him some privacy. How can he stand there, saying with a straight face that the ground is fine? He'll catch a cold or worse, hurt himself. The ground isn't a soft place. Nor is it a place for one to sleep. That's why men had invented something for that occation, and we call it a bed. A place on which we rest. “The ground, is the-” I stated as I turned around quickly, while my sentence kept hovering in midair. I realized that he had yet to finish. He was minus a shirt. I blinded myself as fingers blocked out my view. “I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry!” I repeated. Quickly my fingers turned hot against my face. What's this urge that I'm feeling? This sudden, unexplainable, need to feel his torso beneath my fingertips. I want to trace each line. I want to mold him, hold him and mark his territory as my own. Share with him a feeling of benevolence. I want to be with him completely. It looks like his body is made out of the same consistency as marble. Not the thickness, but the firmness and quality. “It's okay, really_ no harms done! You may open your eyes. I'm done.” He told me but I'm feeling a little skeptical. He folded his fingers around mine, slowly prying it open. He stared me straight in the eyes. “You were busy saying?” He reminded me. I swallowed down a galore of saliva, loudly, before answering. “I was meaning to say that the ground is the earth's surface and that it's meant for feet. Not the best solution for tired limps after the day is done, don't you think?” He looked at me deep in concentration, for a while, before he answered, “So? If I'm understanding it correctly_ you'll rather have me joining you in bed, as to let me sleep on the ground?” I nodded my head in reply. He lifted my chin upwards with his thumb. I couldn't avoid the passion that laid so shallow within his gaze. He tilted his head and kissed me solid on the lips. I gave in to my emotions. After a splendidly hot make-out section, we went to bed.

                              ***

The Dream:

I laid outside on a bench, beside a crystal clear fountain. About a dozen of kittens were skipping and playing, around and about. L sat down on the fountain's wall. “If we were to move out and leave them behind. Where will we go?” He asked me in a friendly, but rather low tone. I turned my attention towards him. The strangest thing is how the kittens seemed to get fewer with each glance. “Get a newspaper,” I answered him distracted. With every kitten that disappear, a choir of children giggles followed. Echoed throughout the garden. My throat turned dry. “What?” He asked me surprisingly louder. Much more sternness laid hidden within his voice than earlier. Before I could reply, the giggles swirled around me in the form of a twister. Pulling at my hair. Scratching and tearing my skin. I jolted up straight, my eyes searching. “L!” I called out, but there was no answer.

                               ***

Lawliet

Angel awoke a little past midnight in a frightening scream. I out stretched my arm and consoled her. After a while her scared little sobs quiet down. I felt the need to ask her what she had dreamed about. “You were there one second and then you were gone!” She answered in a low fragile tone. The fact that her music were softly purring in the background, seemed to help with the situation. “Don't fret my love_ I'm here and I'm not going anywhere,” I told her in a hushed voice. As the circumstances stand, a sudden eruption occurred, while a feeling of admiration washed over me. But I am not the only one caught in the net. I can sense her wrath. She's struggling to understand these strange sensations. After an unprepared kiss, which happened much to suddenly to our surprise, we gave way to our emotions.

Watari will be sure to categorize it as a mistake and Vash would eagerly join him on that boat ride-- But even so, I can't agree! It had been the best night in my entire existence. A mistake that I am bound to make over and over again. A mistake is to be wrong. The most used description: A mistake is an error that's been made. There's nothing remotely erroneous about an intimate affection. Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden fruit and because of their forbidden actions it's enjoyable. I see no errors there! God said in Genesis: 'Go forth and multiply in number.' So how can you multiply, without forbidden actions?

                             ***

Chloe Ryuzaki

Last night we became one. I would've never known how incomplete I've been, before I became complete. What a statement? Even if I have the IQ of a genius. That statement have me quite puzzled. I've lost my innocence within a few minutes_ and I couldn't be happier.