15 - Cloe Ryuzaki

I still haven't seen L since Watari had taken him away; yesterday. I miss him already. I sat up in my bed and dreamt with my eyes wide open. Secretly imagining his lips as it's pressed up against my own, in a delicate manner. His eyes swallow me in, like the night's darkest hour. His monotone voice is trapped within the corners of my mind. I love him unconditionally and irrevocably. I stood lazily up from my bed and dressed for the day. I didn't put something to fancy on, only a knee-length baby blue dress. It's decorated with adorable pink cupcakes. I look sweet enough to eat. Perhaps it would affect him in the same way. A girl can hope, can't she? This is quite a bizarre way of thinking, it just comes to show-- I'm not sure what it proves, but it does. No matter how peculiar this may sound, it's true... Even if I add all the carnelian’s and embers that I could find in a lifetime's search. And all the love that's trapped within the universe and put a frame around it, it would still lack the most important. Because without the monotone voice and pale lips- all the gems in this world can't even be compared to a more perfect him. A sudden knock at my door drew me back towards reality. Mello's concerned face poked in through the gap in the doorway. He entered holding a single white rose. There were something different about this rose, though. The rose's center is painted in a deep shade of red. More like scarlet, maybe a pinch (or two) darker with a glorious radiant. The center made the flower and I'm enjoying the view, but Mello in the other hand; didn't. “We should inform Watari and L about these... um... (he contemplated for a few seconds before he continued)... presents you've been receiving,” Mells suggested as he took the rose away from me. “Paranoid much? Oh, come on Mells, you really think that there's a soon-to-be serial killer walking these halls, targeting me with rose? That's absurd!” I asked my friend and ended by adding a little laughter to my voice. What a silly thought? “I'm sorry,” I apologized when I noticed the change in his mood. “Isn't this sanctuary suppose to be safe? I mean, Watari wouldn't let a harm come to our heads, or am I wrong?” I couldn't have hit the nail in a more precise position.

The door cracked open and in came the one that I've missed so terribly. I sprinted into his direction, but Mello beat me to it. “What's wrong?” L asked sharply. “There's something that's bothering me, (he bought the rose into view). This is the second rose that Angel had received since yesterday.” He looked down at the rose, up to me; then back down for a minute longer. “So Angel has an admirer. I can't blame the poor soul, but that doesn't mean that I like it,” he finally decided to say. “See Mello, there's nothing to worry about,” I said with a smile, but as soon as these words left my mouth I knew that it were far from the truth. Something within L's complexion made this subject unbearable. Something isn't right, I can feel it in my bones. Mello shrugged his shoulders as if he's buying it and left.

                              ***

Lawliet

I look down at the two-toned rose and my breath caught up in my throat. Please, God, no! Is this damn psychopathic bastard targeting, my love? How do I handle this without luring any suspicions? I quickly dished up a lie about admirers and Mello seemed to bought it, but she... didn't. I can tell. How do I handle this? I let my emotions take control. Pulled her in closer and pushed my lips against hers. She missed me just as much as I've missed her. Her arms hooped around my neck and our kiss deepened.

Night drew in quickly. I made an excuse as to why I had to leave so early and left after I've kissed her goodnight. In a flash I made my way over towards Watari's office. Beyond rejoiced that they were both in, talking about who knows what. “Angel had been receiving roses from an anonymous sender!” I exclaimed slightly as I entered the room. They both looked up at me in horror. “What do you propose we do?” Roger were the first to ask, after the silence grew awkward.” I’m going to inform Vash and a few others about our current situation,” I told them. “And who might these few others be?” Watari asked as he took a sip from his cup of tea. "Mello, Matt and Near--” I answered without a second to spare. “Okay, but I'm just trying to understand why you feel the need to inform those particular few about the anonymous psychopath?” Roger asked skeptically as he held eye contact with me. “Obviously for more protection, I'm getting a rather eerie vibe about these roses. Something isn't right! I can trust them to keep it quite for the time being, and they'll do anything to keep her save.” After that extremely long explanation I didn't hover around for much longer.

I arranged a meeting, the quicker I can inform them about everything that's currently happening; the quicker we can start protecting her from her anonymous sender. I can't begin to imagine how my life would be without her in it. I don't want to imagine it...! I sank down into the softness of the sofa, snaking my fingers through my hair. What had I ever done to him/her to be hurt in the most unimaginable manner? I thought to myself.

                              ***

Chloe Ryuzaki

I lay down on my bed, music softly playing in the background. Something's bothering him, I just know it. For some unexplainable reason he seemed scared when he greeted me. I mean how could I possibly know this_ we haven’t been dating for all that long, yet I am sure about it. Apart from that there were something else luring within his gaze that I dare not to question. I know that he adores me, that is no secret. His suddenly suspicious attitude towards me, leaves me wondering. Is he merely second guessing himself, or does it stretch much deeper? Is this about us? Am I the problem in this equation? Perhaps I’m far off course, maybe it has nothing to do with us; per se. Most logical reaction_ struggling with a difficult case?