12 - Lawliet

“Angel kissed me!” I told Vash in a half exclaiming manner as we walked towards the cafeteria. “She? Did? What?” He asked me in total dismay. “Yeah, last night she barged into my room after I told her (which I didn't know at the time being) that I'm not available. Then she kissed me.” I confessed. “Are we talking about a small one on the cheek? Or full- smack on the lips?” I didn't need to answer for him to catch on. “Oh. My. God! You actually made out with the hottest girl at Wammy's?" Vash exclaimed in complete shock. I gave him a wry smile.

I'm not skilled when it comes to the opposite sex nor affectionate or any of those other folly little things. To be perfectly honest it's beyond my recognition. It's confusion and complication all wrapped up in a neat little package that's called admiration. And to crown it all- it's been exhibit with a cherry on top. The view is great. The air cleaner. The sun brighter. My days suddenly seems extravagantly cheerful and profound. Does this make me gullible? Even trying to make sense of all of this is beyond my jurisdiction.

When we, Vash and I, entered the cafeteria- my eyes only saw her. She was being her whimsical self and her friends were joining in with pure amusement. Her angelical features lifts my spirit. Tugs at my heart. Clammy hands. My entire existence higgledy-piggledy. I'm long past falling for her. My feelings for her stretch further than the moon. It's like an atomic bomb, filled up to the neck (with emotions of the highest rank) exploded within me... and infected me with love. “Good morning, you-” Rikku greeted when I sat down at my usual spot. I nodded slightly. “You seem to be deep in thought,” Griselle spoke. I stared down at my hands, fidgeting with my fingernails. Not once making eye contact with the group. “Does this distraction's name begin with an A?” Paul asked. I made sudden eye contact. How am I to deny it? “No way! Are you referring to Angel?” Milk exclaimed shocked. I turned my eyes in her direction, not even trying to conceal it. I didn't care anymore, they can think what they want. She was already staring at me. Our eyes locked for a brief moment. She rewarded me with a flash of her smile. I would've never thought that an absentminded genius such as myself could ever fall for somebody like her. Correction- More like the other way around. How could a goddess like her ever truly like someone like me? It's odd, but I dare not to question it!

                               ***

Chloe Ryuzaki

Through the corner of my eye, I've noticed as he entered the cafeteria. Like always his being flanked by his best friend. “Thanks, for the rose Mells, but it really wasn't necessary,” I thanked him with a smile. “Rose? I haven't left you any flower!” He assured me. “Ah! Maybe mister secret admirer had left it for you.” Tohru suggested. I turned my head into his direction. It's as if he could feel my stare, 'cause at that moment our eyes met for a brief moment. I gave him a smile. There's truly no denying it, I'm absolutely infatuated with the absentminded genius. I turned my face away from the gorgeous figurine. Feeling a little envious towards Rikku. The little green monster appeared out of nowhere. How I wish that I could've been the one to share a table with him? How I wish that I could've been the one to sit so close that I could practically touch him? The little devil is being an utter nuisance. Annoying in every concept. Yeah, I can't hide it anymore. The love bug had bitten me, but so did the malicious one. I moved a little uncomfortably around in my chair, hoping and bidding; that the feeling would just... vanish! I stood up and left the cafeteria without a single word. As I went upstairs, someone called me by my well known name around here. “Angel! Wait up...” I turned around and found myself staring straight into his dark grayish eyes, immediately he continued: “What seems to be the problem?” I shook my head as if nothing is troubling me. “You're being untruthful; even a blind man can feel the tension. There's indeed something bothering you.” I exhaled loudly and replied, “I'm sorry if I made you worry, that was never my intention. It's just that this malicious creature had just laid an egg, it cracked open and out came a little green monster filled with obsolete and envy.” I ended off looking away. My cheeks dusted with pink. A light candy floss color. “So in short- you're jealous. But I don't seem to understand why you would feel the need to feel such a thing?” He may be a genius; but when it comes to the opposite sex and analyzing feelings, he doesn't have a clue. I smiled at him slightly. Feeling annoyed with myself. “Never mind! Just forget it-” I turn around and started to walk away from him, but for a second time he stopped me. This time by grabbing hold of my wrist. “Hold on?” He pulled me in closer and softly our lips connected.