5 - Cloe Ryuzaki

"What's with that guy? He's so fricking annoying!" I asked Ilya rhetorically. We, she and I, along with Tohru, Hana and Erica sit outside in the sunshine; on the evergreen grass. "No dear! Near is annoying," Hana said. "Who is near? Mello never mentioned anybody by that name," I asked curiously. "Mello and Near don't get along. Their always competing. You can say they hate each other," Ilya answered my rhetorical question. "Near is the boy that's always by himself," Hana said and Erica concluded. "The white haired kid." Oh, so his name is Near. He too was there this morning, as one of the superiors. "He doesn't appear to be annoying." I told them. "Oh, believe you me- he might be extremely intelligent, but he's very annoying. His behavior is cheesy and childish " Qiao said as she joined us. I would have never thought that I would have so many friends. and this is only my second day. "Hey, ladies! Mind if we join you?" Mello asked. He, Matt and Killer was waiting for an answer. "Sure. The more the merrier! I answered Mello's question. They sat down. Eight I counted. I can't believe that I have this many friends! "So what were you talking about?" Killer asked. "We just informed her that L isn't the fricking annoying one, but Near is," Hana informed the guys. "Oh yes, definitely! You should know how to hold your own when you're around him," Matt said as a matter of fact.

"Hello, I'm Nill," a cute little girl said as she took her stand in front of me. Dressed in a cute little loli dress. "Hi there, I'm Angel." I kindly introduced myself. "Nice to make your acquaintance," she said with a curtsey. "How sweet?" I said as she skipped away. "Yeah, she is totally adorable," Qiao said smiling. "L really isn't too bad when you get to know him," Tohru said to my surprise. "L is HOT! I wouldn't mind if he was to stare at me," Erica said. "I- no, we'll have to second with her," Ilya said and Hana nod her head. "What's wrong with you guys? He's not the only guy at Wammy's house," Mello asked. I needed to oppress my laughter. "Have you seen the guys in this place? If only you were a little bit older," Ilya said with a smile. "At least there are Dawn and Flora, their both in your age range," Tohru said trying her up most best to sound serious. "Are you kidding me? Flora is antisocial and let's rather not talk about D. She's just as annoying as N." I have no idea who their even talking about, but still I couldn't help myself. Bursts of laughter escaped from my mouth. "There's always Hana over here, she likes you like that," Erica said. Mello jumped up. Is that blush that I'm seeing on his cheeks? "I had enough of this," Mello spat. The guys left our little meeting, leaving us laughing. "You didn't really mean what you've said about L, have you?" I asked looking at Erica. "Oh, I was totally serious- his sizzling. You should give him some credit. I can just imagine how jealous Rikku must be," she said. "Who's she?" I looked at the girls as I asked. "Oh yeah, that's correct- you haven't met her yet. She too is a friend of Mello's, but she's more with L. That's her," Tohru said as she waves her over. Quickly she made her way over to where we sat. A few others were tailing her. "I would like you to meet Angel." Erica pointed a finger towards me. "Nice to meet you. I'm Rikku. This is Griselle, Joshua, Vash and Naruto." So this is Vash- he sure is handsome. "Hi," I didn't know what more there's to say. "Are you coming with? we're all going to watch a tennis match. Vash and L against Mello," Naruto asked me politely. "That doesn't seem fair!" I said out loud. "Oh, that's right. You won't know, would you? You see, Mello's partner committed suicide after the match was already scheduled. Guess he don't tell you everything, Miss invincibility!" Griselle exclaimed. What a bitch!

At the tennis court I walked closer and called Mello over. "I'm sorry, but I can't talk right now," he told me. "Sure, I understand. Just hear me out for a second. Let's win this one together," I offered him my help. "You're kidding me right?" I shook my head. He gave me a hug. "Change of plans. I have a new partner," he said as he dragged me closer. "Fine! Then I too will change the plans. Me against her and you against Vash," L said. Who does he think he is? "That's a no go! Either we play the doubles match as scheduled or we forfeit!" I like the way Mello stood up for himself. I could tell that they didn't want to win by forfeit. At the end we played the doubles match and I enjoyed it. We, Mello and I, won the match by a fault. Vash served the ball straight into the net. They were tough to beat, but we've succeeded. "Congratulations! You were magnification," Erica said as she joined us in our moment of victory. L puts his racket down and gave us an applause. Everyone joined in. I laughed, full of delight. Mello lifted me up and swing me around. "You weight next to nothing," he told me with a smile. Even after Mello put me down, L's eyes were still fixed on me. I acted like I wasn't aware of his eyes burning through my skin. "This is our queue. Come on guys," Tohru said when L came closer. "Hey, you were great. I didn't think that anybody could play better than I can," he told me. "Thank you, I guess-" I replied. I took a deep breath, before I looked up at him, continuing. "So you're not just annoying but a crook too- playing two against one, hardly seems fair!" His eyes widened. "I don't cheat! And just for the reference, I would've given him time to find another partner," he spat. "And if he hadn't found anybody in such short notice? Someone willing enough to play against you of all people, what would you have done, huh? Forfeit? I bet not! You don't seem like the type which gives up easily. Am I wrong?" Some of the others were gaping at us. He rubbed his chin as if he's finding me amusing. "No, I don't believe in giving up, but I would've forfeited if he was unsuccessful. Luckily you came along!" I just want to scream at the heavens. "You're so comprehensive?" I exclaimed. "Am I not making myself clear enough?" I shook my head, "Nope, you're being perfectly transparent. Other then that I'm finding you very incompatible and annoying," I whispered the last word. "If you'll excuse me," I said as I pushed pass him. "You were not kidding, she really does hate you," I heard Vash. What? Is he actually talking about me with his friends? It doesn't matter how many times I push him away, I've got the feeling that he's not about to give up.