9 - Cloe Ryuzaki

His hand touched my neck. His eyes- deep and dark. For a moment I thought that he was going to kiss me, and how I wish that he had. How come my hatred towards him had, suddenly, changed into something else completely? What's this unfamiliar sensation that I'm exploring, called? A feeling beyond recognition. My hands feels sticky and sweaty, when I think about him. My heart gives a loud tug. My heart rate quickens. Is this love? L-O-V-E; like in great fondness, liking and affection! Am I actually falling for him? Wither I'm falling into a slumber or waking at morn's first gleam, I'm always thinking about L. If that isn't called affection, well, then I really don't know what is!

I was still dressed in my nightwear, yellow and blue pants along with a white shirt, when Mello entered the room. "Good morning, Beautiful!" He greeted me kindly. "Beautiful?" I re-asked with a smile. "Hell yeah, you're the most beautiful girl at this dull place. You should get dressed, it's already past eight," Mellow ended. So I wasn't imagining things, he seems to be taking a liking in me. "But why? It's Saturday," I asked pouting a little. "I'm fully aware of that, but me and the guys decided to take you out for the day. Show you around town. Is there anybody else that you would like to join?" An easily answered question, but not today. I smiled shyly as I answered, "Sure, but not today! Let's keep it a day between friends." What to ware? I questioned myself in total secrecy as I opened my wardrop. I decided on comfortable clothing, having no idea what they've got planned for the day. Dressed in fade out jeans, flats and a cute shirt. We were just about ready to leave, when Watari announced that everybody who wanted to join us is more then welcome to do so. At the end every orphan at the orphanage went on a trip towards the carnival.

Multicolored costumes. Loud music, which instantly made me hung my earphones around my neck. A parade. Lots of rides and stables greeted us everywhere. "Go have yourselves a merry day. Let's meet up here after the fireworks is done?" Watari said. Mello and I went in our own direction and watched how our friends disappeared into the distance. Mells took me for a boat ride through the scare house. It had all kinds of freaky things: Human heads on stakes, rattling skeletons, bloody human remains, a killer clown, creepy music, coffins and mirrors of all shapes and sizes, buckets of fake blood and laughing children. The ride through were creepy enough. It was a rather bumpy ride and it had me alarmed. It startled me when a white figure suddenly rolled down in front of us. I grabbed hold of Mello's sleeve and buried my face in his chest. "Look? Ah, Angel- you've missed the scarecrow," Mello stated. "What a relieve? I don't like scarecrows," I said in a shivering tone. "Apparently neither transparent figures," he said laughing slightly. "I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry for being rude. Are you okay?" He removed his jacket and throw it over my shoulders. Outside the temperature had fallen. A thick gray cloak's covering the sun's happy face. Robbing us from her radiance. Next I rode a pearl pink pony on the carrousel. Me, Erica, Ilya and Tohru spun around in a cup and saucer. Getting dizzier with each rotation. "So? Spill the beans, what's going on between you and Mello?" Erica questioned curiously. All eyes on me. "I like him, if only he were a little bit older," I told them with a sly smile. "Ah, is this love that I'm sensing?" Tohru asked smiling back at me. "Don't get me wrong, I might be experiencing some symptoms of love, but it's not for Mello. We're just friends." They looked at me suspiciously. "It's L, isn't it? Your eyes finally opened up, haven't they?" Ilya asked me twin questions. I didn't answer her. "I were indeed correct, there were a reason behind your whimsical attitude," Erica noticed.

Saved by the bell, and I'm not referring to a hollow object of metal which gives a ringing sound when you struck it with a tongue. Mello's voice saved me from answering her question. Their questions. Together we rode the Ferris wheel. "I can see everything from up here. It's so magical!" I exclaimed. "I had never seen anybody enjoying themselves so much. Haven't you ever been to a carnival before?" I shook my head as I stared at the people below. "You really are amazing," Mello said looking at me. I can see all of our friends, including a few others. No matter how I looked at him or from which angle, he seems to take my breath away. "I think that I might actually be falling for him," I told my friend. He nodded his head as he answered with a yes I know. He seems down. I feel like such a monster for liking two guys at the orphanage. "I'm sorry," I apologized. "What's the meaning behind those words?" He asked as he looked up at me. His warm brown eyes is smothering me. "You look sad. Am I being insensitive?" I asked as I looked down at my feet and continued with teary eyes: "It's just that, you're the first friend that I ever had, and it means the world to me to share these kind of things with you." A lone tear rolled down my cheek, followed with another and another. "It looks like even angels cry." He dried my tears away with the back of his thumb as he concluded, "I'm sorry, if it really means that much to you- I'll be happy to listen." He smiled at me gently. Damn! What am I to do? I am falling for Lawliet and I like Mello more then I care to admit. I never dared to dream that my life could turn out to be so complicated. Maybe I should have a girl-to-girl talk about these uncertain feelings of mine. I can’t really talk to him about me liking him that would be awkward. "Are you fine? The ride will be over in a few minutes. If they realize that you've been crying, I'm going to have trouble with the guys- including you know who. So dry those tears," He ended with a smile. I gave him a weak smile in return and blinked down the tears.

Together we've walked around the carnival grounds. Watari bought all of us what we wanted. I've received chocolate coated strawberries, a collection of dried fruits, juice and a stuffed animal which Mello caught for me at a vending machine. A pink and purple bunny with a silver halo. At a small restaurant with fancy outdoor tables, decorated in red and white checkered tablecloths, we ate dinner at sundown. I ordered a small stack of banana pancakes with semi-sweet fruit puree and deep fried apple wedges, along with a glass of orange juice. A meal fit for a queen. Afterwards we went to the best seats to watch the fireworks. I sat down on a patch of evergreen grass. My friends scattered around me like fallen leafs. Mello sat down at my left side, while Lawliet took my other side. The guys that I'm finding to my liking is both flanking me. Suddenly it seems much harder to rebuke. Squibs and rockets shoot up into the dark, starless sky- painting the darkness with various colours. A spectacular display greeted us. Pinks, purples, blues and greens sparkles like diamonds in the sky. Now's the perfect time to steel a peek, but at which one?