1| 3 Coffees, long airport customs and a 17 hr flight later here we are!

The plane began its descent as I held onto the armrest chewing onto my gum stressfully, take offs and landings were never my favourite even though I loved airplanes and window seats. You know the feeling looking out of the window looking at the clouds beneath gave me a superior and at the same time a calming feeling. Well you probably don't know me but I'm Samaira Shah and I'm on my way to a brand-new life. Well let's fast forward a little as I'm now done with all the airport formalities. I move around looking in awe as I take in the surroundings even though its just a normal airport. Its not my first time here I've been here on a school trip when I was 13. I buy a coffee for myself and shoot a text to my mom that I've landed with the airport Wi-Fi, I need to get myself a new sim and all that stuff soon I move towards the exit trying to find a plaque with my name on it. I soon spot a man in a suit with a sign of my name. He introduced himself as Mr Sherman and he said he was going to take me to my apartment and a squeal almost left my lips. I tried to contain myself as I sat in the car and put in my earphones as I waited to reach to my new home.

48 hours ago

"You're still not done packing? What have you been doing for the past hours"; my mom screams as I look from my phone. "Well I was looking at ways to pack. And then I got lost", "You get lost and end up on Netflix?", she looked at me with a raised eyebrow and let out a sigh. Well what can I do, I don't know where to start so I start looking up how to pack and then I just had a few episodes of gossip girl left so why not finish them right, I'm sure anybody would've done the same thing. According to the checklist I made all of my things were laid out and assembled all around my room, I just had to fit them into my two huge suitcases and a carry on, on top of all my stuff my mom kept bringing a thousand food packets and tiffins for me to tale with me. But before I move on two things about me 1. I exaggerate a lot, you may get tired of it but you have no choice than to stick with me and 2. I am fluent in sarcasm, but well who isn't in our generation. My mom likes to call it disrespectful I think its an answer to stupid people with obvious questions in a language they can understand.

4 hours and countless other arguments later my suitcases were done, only my carry on was left. Well I can do that after watching the last 2 episodes of GG and a nap cause why not packing is tiring. And another 3 hours later I woke groggily rubbing my eyes looking at the time. Oh, wow its 7pm right now I'm shocked my mom didn't already wake me up with her shouting. Well you could probably guess my house was a mess right now and my room is an even bigger mess. And it's taken me long time to clean it all up just in time for dinner. Well since it was my last night at home, maa made up my favourites- aloo methi ki sabzi, paratha and khandvi. Looking at the food set up on the dining table, my mouth watered at the heavenly sight in front of me. I binged on the food like it was the last time I was eating it, well it kind of was. I can't cook food like my mom and so I'm going to have to wait until I'm back home for such delicacies.

My flight was of 4am which is way too early but luckily, I had no stops or layovers it was direct flight. Obviously, the insomniac decided to not sleep since ill have to get up in an hour or two anyway to reach 3 hrs before my flight. To reach on time in this Mumbai traffic is the hardest, quite possibly the most impossible task. I took a shower at 11:30.... hmm never done that before and brushed my teeth, I was all ready by 12:15. My elder brother, Avinash was moving out the suitcases for me into the car and the doorbell rang. Well anybody would wonder who was at our door in the middle of the night except me because I already knew it was... Yasmine in all her glory wearing Minnie mouse pajamas was waiting for me. Mini (that's what I call her, only me) and I have known each other since we were 3 well since nursery (kindergarten). We are each other's ride and die. I guess I don't need to get into that you know it.

And soon we were all packed into the car and on the road. Well it was my mom, dad, Avi, Mini, my little sister who is not so little Raina or as we call her Ray and me. It was jam packed. The ride to airport was filled with talks of nostalgic memories and reminders. Yeah it was a long ride. Soon we were at airport and I'll spare you the drama but it was emotional, snot and tears included. I can try to act tough all I want but these people are my greatest strength and weakness. And then you know after 3 coffees, long airport customs and a 17-hour flight later here we are almost arrived at my destination.

Manhattan, New York I love this place and I'm sorry but I'm a sucker for this place and its richness. This place has always been my dream. I finally arrive at the apartment in the lower east side provided by the company I'm going to work at from Monday. I go up in the elevator. I was an architect and I'd finally gotten the perfect opportunity. They had actually given me a loft and it was furnished beautifully; I mean obviously it was, it was furnished by the best interior designers here. I set all my suitcases in the bedroom and had some khakhra my mom had packed. My jet lag was getting to me and that's why I decided to take a long nap in my new room. Its still only 4pm when I was done freshening up. My tired body had finally given up and I was now in a deep slumber.

Plsss vote comment and share my story 🥺🥺😘😘.