2| To not appreciate a man that good looking is unfair

I opened my eyes, slowly trying to adjust to the darkness around me. I looked at my phone it was 7:15, that was a long nap. I got freshened up and decided to roam around the locality for a bit to find out all about the neighbourhood. I got a coffee from the café around the corner and started walking the along the block, I felt weird. My eyes wide open taking in everything I saw, the fascination clearly visible in my eyes. As I walked back, I decided to grab a sandwich from the same café for dinner. I was lucky I realised this neighbourhood was perfect, everything was available to me extremely easily grocery stores to medical shops and bars, pubs, lounges, cafes and a mall was just a 5-10 minutes walking distance. I opened my house, the keys jangling in my hand and I decided to arrange at least a little bit of my closet. It was around 10:30 right now but I wasn't anywhere near sleepy. It took me a lot of hours to arrange all my clothes as I looked at the clock it was nearing 3 and yet not a wink of sleep in my eyes.

This jet lag was going to be a hassle to get rid of. I decided to give my parents a call since it was around 4pm in India. After a brief talk about everything around me, I decided to call Mini and give her an update on everything. I finally fell asleep near 4. Next morning, I contacted the firm asking them about a few details. The firm office was only a subway ride away, which made me want to try it out just so I could get used to it before I got to work in 3 days. It took some time trying to understand the subway map and I had to ask for help. The walk from the subway station to the office building wasn't long as it was just around the corner. I took elevator and made my way to the 38th floor and my eyes widened at the size of this office. Wow! I mean I know what else would you expect from the best architectural firms but this was just so beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. I walked towards the reception to ask if I could meet Mr Miller. After confirming my details, she told me to wait in room towards the left.

I looked out of the widow my eyes gleaming with pleasure, not believing the view and the fact that this was all happening.

"Mr Miller will see you now" the voice pulled me out of my trance and I followed her to my boss's office. I knocked the door and waited for the "come in".

"Ah! Miss shah so nice to finally meet you. I hope your flight was good and you liked the house", Mr Miller's spoke in a soothing tone, easing my nerves a little.

"The pleasure is all mine sir. The house is amazing, I loved it."

"That is good. Then tell me what brings you here because as far I as I know you're supposed to start from Monday", he questioned slightly confused.

"oh, I just thought I would figure the way from the loft to the office and get a little head start so I'm not completely blank on Monday. I hope you don't mind that sir", I replied slightly scared as I has no clue how this man would react.

"Ah! Miss shah this is why I hired you. Your passion for the job. I definitely don't mid I'll have someone explain it to you and give you some basic files. I have to get to a meeting now. I'll see you bright and early on Monday" He said getting up and shaking my hand.

He left the room smiling at me and behind him entered the receptionist Melissa who told me to wait in the lounge as someone would bring me the files. I fidgeted with my phone as a man entered the room, his head buried in the file in his hand. I coughed lightly making him look and me whistle in my head. Ok I know that's rude and sexism and blah blah but to not appreciate a man that good looking even though it was just in my head would be unfair. I noticed his features the usual a sharp jaw, chiselled cheekbones, a tight fitted shirt showing his very fit form and just a hint of stubble but what really drew me in was his eyes but they weren't your usual blue, they were green actually; forest green to be precise. "Hi I'm Logan. Logan Wilson. You must be Samaira right?" His voice brought me back to reality and away from the staring. Oops I really need to pay attention and not get lost in my thoughts again and again. "Hello?" he waved his hands in front of my face. My cheeks flared up as the embarrassment settled in." yes that's me. Sorry", I replied trying to forget the incident that just happened.

"No worries. Here's the files Smith told me to bring to you"

"Smith?"

"Oh, right I mean Mr Miller", he replied and continued. "I've written down everything you need to know in various sticky notes around the files, I'm sorry for that, but my number is also listed somewhere in there. So, if you need to know anything just give me a call. Right now, I'm sorry that I have to dash for another client but see you Monday?"

"Yeah sure thank you so much and no worries about the notes I've gotten that habit myself. But yeah I'll see you Monday Logan" I replied making a note in my head that this man just made my work easier. Thank god for him and I mean it in all ways, suggestively raises eyebrows in my head.

"Good. Bye Samaira. See you soon then.", He walked away waving at me.

I walked out of the building putting all files away in my bag safely and decided to grab some takeaway for me on the way home. I still felt like I was in a dream as I walked with a slight bounce in my step trying to conceal my excitement for Monday.

Please vote and comment....