Prologue

Keith eagerly looked at her. Weird square glasses, with so puffy hair (Holy shit!) and a small heart shaped mouth. He was way too distracted by her facial features to actually realize what she was saying.

'Huh?' Keith asked, 'Could you repeat that again?'

The girl was mad and annoyed at the same time. And pretty sure knew Keith was checking her out even though it was an innocent way.

'I am saying' the girl repeated with much annoyance .

' I can't be in your team no matter how good you guys say you are, I don't even know you.'

That did snap back Keith to reality from his overly distracted state.

'I'm sorry.....Maybe next time?' Keith stuttered.

He tried to give her a smile to show everything is cool and breezy and his minimal amount of ego didn't get crushed by such rejection. But out of all the awkwardness whatever pathetic smile came out of his face didn't help the situation at all.

Before the girl could say something as an apology, Keith practically ran out of there.

As he walked along the hallway, the words that came out of her mouth kept on repeating in a loop like a broken cassette player.

Even though he felt really insulted by the whole situation, his cheeks were crimson red for some other reason and his throat was parched. If only he would have been more into romantic books rather than thick piles of textbooks filled with juice-less facts about the universe, he would've known he just crushed hard.

Suddenly he was smacked on the back of his head. He turned around to see Joe grinning from ear to ear. 

Joe was Keith's partner in crime but in a very geeky way. They always teamed up in everything. From science fair to a debate tournament like this one and even performing magic in the talent show.

' No luck going behind my back,huh?'  Joe asked with curious eyes.

'How'd you even......Never mind' sighed Keith.

'So we aim for the cup this time?'

'About time you been saying the right words' exclaimed Joe. 

'Look I know the third teammate I chose that made you go behind my back is an amateur. And we will probably would not even go to the knockouts'.

'But....I mean something is better than nothing, right? Look I know you hate him' said Joe

He stopped walking and turned around to Keith.

'But at least give it a try, okay?'

The school bell started ringing and as soon Keith looked at the devious smile on Joe's face he knew the race to class was on.

'Loser gets to do all the homework of two of us' shouted Keith as he started sprinting.

As the both boys ran and got invisible in the pool of the high-schoolers. The memory of the girl settled in the back of the mind of Keith.

But we all know the boy have met the girl. And now the story is just about to begin.....