Chapter 4

Keith handed her the coffee and looked for an empty spot.

" Cafeteria is packed today. I don't think you will find any place. We have to stand in the corner like the cool kids." smirked Rose.

Keith thought of saying every place is heaven beside her and quickly decided against it.

Instead he blurted out saying, " That's where the cool kids stand?".

" I am just joking, dummy."

" Oh yea, sorry I didn't realize it." Keith said embarrassingly

Rose patted his back like she was giving consolation to a kid. And soon enough Keith's ears heated up with her touch.

It's been three days after their encounter in Maths class. Apparently Rose was so eager to meet him, that she also managed his routine and decided to surprise him. And the past nights Keith hasn't been able to sleep as he blushed himself red while thinking why would Rose do that. Maybe Rose did like him.

Keith looked up at Rose.

" So, Rose why don't you tell me about yourself? You managed to keep yourself a mystery even over chat."

" Well, I guess there is nothing much to it you know. And I thought I will bore you with it." Rosa slowly drew circles on the side of her cup with her fingers.

It felt as if she was in some deep sad thought.

" I mean it wouldn't hurt you know, plus I think nothing about you would bore me."

Keith realized as soon as he said that.

"Oh my god. Is this happening? Am I flirting? Wait, is this flirting?" Keith's mind raced through like it was competing with Usain Bolt.

Rose gave a small smile, as her cheeks flushed a very pale shade of crimson. She looked like a shy angel.

She tried to shake it off.

" Well I moved here couple of years back. Though it has been hard adjusting and making friends, I am still trying to go by." Rose slowly took a sip.

" I have been here all my life and I still struggle with those. I think you are doing a fine job",said Keith.

" Thanks Keith, also thank you for being my friend. Though I have to ask how did you manage to make it so hard to find you?" Rose looked at him with inquisitive eyes.

" Oh it's easy, for I am Bond. James Bond."

They started laughing and barely managed to keep their coffees in their shaking cup.

They talked for a bit more when suddenly Rose looked at her watch.

" I think I should head back. I don't want my teacher to be on my back." Rose slowly picked up her bag.

A sudden surge of disapointment washed over Keith. But he managed to keep hidden under all the layers he built.

" Yes of course, I am sorry I am holding you off."

" Not at all. It's been lovely talking to you. You are nice ." told Rosa as she walked towards the exit.

Keith watched as Rose went away. He phased out as he fixated on the complimented she just gave.

"You are nice."

As he was about to play it in his head a thousand times, he was brought to reality with a discomfort in his stomach.

" Fucking lactose intolerance," murmured Keith.

Keith dumped the rest of the coffee in the bin. And thought to himself that how secrets have a cost and if he did tell her about this complication he would have never gotten to hangout with her. He collected his bag and walked out of the cafeteria with a happy heart and a stomach full of gas.