Chapter 3

The bell rang indicating the start of class.

Keith slowly adjusted himself in the first bench as usual. As he did, he slowly phased out as he waited for the teacher to start the test. His mind travelled as he analysed every word from the conversation last night with the girl.

He blushed a bit as he as he thought how the girl was talking about her passions and dreams. Keith sighed as he realised that there might be something unusual about constantly thinking about her.

As dwelling further and further and slowly scaring himself, he was suddenly brought to reality as John came over and sat beside him. Keith looked at him and smiled.

"Hey pal, you are up for the test?", sighed John.

"I guess I am...I mean it's just a silly maths test".

John and Keith talked a bit more about grades, wrestling matches. Keith half heartedly thought of telling John about all of these but then decided against it. John moved back to his seat shaking his head hopelessly as the teacher started handing out the question paper.

As soon the exam started, Keith dived right in. He lost himself as he tried to decipher the equations.

The surrounding vanished, but he felt someone entering the classroom and sitting right beside him.

He really didn't care who it was until he felt a familiar pair of eyes staring at him. He could feel his heart thumping faster and faster, his limbs slowly loosing control.

He was feeling breathless and he didn't even dare to see who it was staring at him. He knew exactly who it was....

Hours after hours lost in planning was wasted. Locked up in piss smelling washrooms during free periods were useless. All of this was an utter failure and it was impossible.

He forgot what he was supposed to write, as the pen trembled in unison with his fingers.

The girl was sitting beside him.

The girl who rejected him in the debate team was sitting beside him.

The girl whose confrontation was put off for so long was sitting beside him.

The girl from last night was sitting beside him

The girl with glasses was sitting beside him.

Keith saw through the corner of his eye that she was slowly shifting closer to him, slowly shifting closer to his ear.

He felt like he stared at Medusa's eyes and he was slowly turning to a statue. More or less like a statue with a heart that it was beating like it was on cocaine.

"Hey Keith, I am Rose. Remember me? I think I got you at last", she whispered really close to his ears.

And finally Keith forgot how to breath.