01 || little miss prefect

Lele Eruditus hated crowds.

When she was younger, she loved being in a crowd and being with other people she could interact with. But as she grew older, she grew to hate being enclosed in a crowd, subsequently dimming her desire to talk to as many people as possible. The feeling of other people pushing up against her, especially during hot temperatures, was enough to make her want to never leave the house again. That was why Gaia Eruditus was at Diagon Alley alone, holding two lists of requirements.

Gaia didn't mind crowds, and she certainly didn't mind having an excuse to roam around the area by herself for a day. She was dressed in a white dress that reached well below her knees with a dark blue cloak covering her. Her feet were covered in a pair of black flats and a brown bag was slung across her shoulder.

She muttered to herself as she went over both lists to check whether or not she had bought everything listed down on the pieces of parchment. She nodded to herself, satisfied that she had gotten everything, and slipped the lists into her bag. She looked around in thought as she contemplated what to do next, her eyes stopping on a boy standing in front of Quality Quidditch Supplies. It was Harry.

"Harry!" she called out as she made her way to the bespectacled boy.

Harry whipped around and stared at her in a daze for a second before snapping out of it.

"Hello Gaia!" Harry greeted with a smile as the older girl pulled him into the hug. Gaia's eyes glanced to her left to where Harry was staring a few moments ago – he was staring at the new Firebolt.

"Beauty, innit? I would ask dad if I could get it but that broom's not going to be cheap," Gaia said with a grin as she let Harry go and turned to face the window fully.

"I had to stop myself a few times from going into the shop and requesting it," Harry admitted with a lazy grin.

"Smart move. You still have 5 years at Hogwarts, who knows what you'll be needing to buy? Want to go to a cafe?" Gaia suggested.

"Got nothing better to do anyways. Sure," Harry answered.

They made their way through the crowd to the closest cafe they could spot. They sat down in a booth inside, near the window, and ordered their own drinks. As they sat there together, Harry told Gaia about what had happened with the Dursleys and his Aunt Marge.

"I've got to hand it to you Harry, I would've done the same. Must've been a sight to see her floating away," Gaia said, laughing lightly.

"I just wish I could've done the same to Uncle Vernon and Dudley," Harry sighed jokingly.

"Harry!" Gaia scolded, but laughed nonetheless.

"So, I'm staying at the Leaky Cauldron now," Harry continued.

"Wizarding world's a bit messed up, innit? Letting a 13-year-old stay alone at that creepy old inn. You could've stayed with us, you know," Gaia said.

"Didn't know where you lived. How's your summer been?" Harry shrugged and directed the conversation to her, looking intently at the girl. Gaia's eyes lit up in remembrance.

"Oh, right! I've been made prefect this year," she said with a grin.

"Really? Fred and George are gonna have a fit," Harry said with a laugh.

"I think being Quidditch Captain might be able to cool them a bit," Gaia said, a smirk replacing her grin.

"Oh wow, really? That's great! You didn't tell me that!" Harry congratulated.

"I didn't tell too many people. Only people who know are the team, you, Malia, Ryker, Aisha, and Lele," Gaia said sheepishly.

"Well anyway, that's great! But won't it be a bit hard being prefect and captain at the same time?" Harry asked.