12 || the wizarding schools

"You know, I've seen the three of you come here every day for three days, and your moods get increasingly worse by day," Gaia commented one day when she walked into the Owlery with a letter in hand, spotting a familiar pair of twins hunched over one of the window sills, with a pale Hufflepuff sitting on it beside them.

"That's one way to describe it," Aisha snorted, barely glancing up at Gaia as she pointed to something on the parchment that George was writing on.

"Who's that for?" Gaia questioned, trying to look over Fred's shoulder at the parchment.

"No need to concern yourself with that, love," Fred replied, nudging her slightly before she could get a glimpse of the writing.

"And why's that?" Gaia raised an eyebrow, opting to ignore the fluttering feeling in her stomach as she looked up to find Nieve.

"Wouldn't want you t'have to worry 'bout it," George answered.

Gaia glanced at them suspiciously as Nieve landed on her forearm with a greeting 'hoot', "If you say so."

Gaia busied herself with attaching her letter for her parents to the owl, letting him fly off afterwards. She turned back to the group of three and saw them sending of their own letter, their faces showing a mix of satisfaction and frustration.

"Well! I'm off to Transfiguration!" Aisha announced, hopping down from the ledge and dusting off her skirt lightly, "You coming with, George?"

"Unfortunately," George sighed playfully before shooting a grin to his brother, "We'll see you two later!"

"Bye!"

Gaia followed the pair with her eyes, walking slowly to the window where Fred was left.

"Don't you have class?" Fred asked.

"Not during this period. You?" Gaia replied, turning to face him.

"Oh, because my three OWLs take up so much of my schedule." Fred rolled his eyes playfully.

Gaia laughed, hitting his arm playfully before hoisting herself up to Aisha's previous spot. She looked out to the grounds, the quietness leaving her mind calm.

"Gaia?"

"Hm?" Gaia turned to face him.

She tilted her head slightly, the look in his eyes one that she wasn't familiar with. They seemed intense, yet they held a certain gentleness that made her heartbeat quicker.

"I..." Fred trailed off before shaking his head, the look in his eyes suddenly replaced with its familiar shine, "Nothing, nothing."

"Tell me!" Gaia grumbled, crossing her arms and huffing, "You know I hate it when you don't finish what you're about to tell me!"

"Then perhaps that was my goal all along?" Fred grinned, his laugh echoing in the empty tower.

How annoying, Gaia thought fondly.

✧✧✧

"You really going to be trying for it, Ryker?"

"Yeah! I'm already 17 anyways." Ryker grinned at Aisha, who looked at him worriedly.

"Won't it be dangerous?" Aisha said, biting her lip slightly.

"That's what makes it fun, Badger!"

"I would've tried too if I were 17," Malia huffed.

"But you're not~" Ryker teased.

"Don't get too cocky yet, Lion," Gaia laughed, "Kaleb and Desiree plan on entering too. I think Yvonne Launge as well. Michael wouldn't shut up about it in the common room."