13 || the goblet of fire

"Gaia! Gaia!" Desiree Walsh whisper-yelled from behind Gaia as she repeatedly slapped the girl's shoulder.

"Ow, ow! What?" Gaia grumbled, turning around to face her.

Gaia hadn't even noticed Desiree make her way from the other end of the table (which was surprising considering how much the girl was squealing).

"It's Krum! It's Victor Krum!" Desiree squealed as she motioned to the Slytherin table.

Gaia raised an eyebrow as she turned more and let her eyes roam the crowd of Slytherins for the said man. Her eyes stopped on a figure that most of the Slytherins surrounded – Krum.

"Oh." Gaia blinked once before turning her attention back to Desiree. Then, she gasped and her head whipped back to the Slytherin table, "Dear Rowena! It's Victor Krum!"

Gaia suddenly shrunk into her seat, her hair immediately flooding with violet, when she realized that her voice came out a lot louder than she meant to, multiple students near her vicinity turning to look at her. Though the Hogwarts students were more than used to her tendency to accidentally announce her thoughts – on accident – in the Great Hall, multiple Beauxbatons pupils looked at her with raised eyebrows.

Across from her, Kaleb burst out into laughter, wheezing slightly as he hid his face in his arms which were folded on the table.

"Oh Rowena, you're embarrassing," Kaleb managed to wheeze out, making Gaia's hair turn a darker violet.

"Bloody he- Shut up!" Gaia hissed through her teeth, glancing at the foreign students and seeing that they had turned away from her.

"I see your loud mouth never changed," Louis teased.

"I will hit you I swear-" Gaia threatened.

"Oh, I'm so scared," Louis mockingly gasped, laughing as he dodged Gaia's hand.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, ghosts – and most especially, our guests. Welcome to Hogwarts! I hope you'll find your stay in our home a comfortable and enjoyable experience." Professor Dumbledore's voice cut through the sound of students conversing, "We will officially open the tournament at the end of the feast. For now, enjoy!"

As per usual, the plates lined at the middle of the table filled themselves up with food, though there were some dishes that Gaia didn't recognize.

"Woah," Michael commented, leaning forward to take a look at the unfamiliar dishes.

Each student piled their plates with a combination of their favorites and new dishes that they dared to try. At one point, Gaia spotted a Beauxbatons lady spit out some of her food, probably one of the British dishes – how the girl managed to do so and still look pretty, she had absolutely no idea.

As the feast progressed, Gaia found herself glancing towards the Gryffindor table more than once, her eyes always landing on a pair of red-haired twins.

"Who do you keep looking at?" Louis questioned suddenly, turning to find the object of Gaia's attention.

"No one!" Gaia rushed as she turned back around and slouched slightly.

"Right..." Louis said before turning to Gaia's friends, "Hey, why does Gaia look there?"

Kaleb's eyebrows furrowed at the unfamiliar word as his eyes followed the direction Louis was pointing in. When his eyes landed on the Gryffindor table, a grin stretched onto his face.

"Kaleb, I swear on- "

"She's looking at her boyfriend," Kaleb teased in a sing-song voice.

"Boyfriend!?" Louis exclaimed, "Does auntie even know about this?"