10 || quidditch world cup

The sound of her husband complaining was about the only thing that Maria Eruditus could recall hearing throughout the day.

"Darling, shut up. If you wanted to go, you should have told me and we could have both asked for a day off work," Maria sighed as she continued reading the file of one of her patients.

"Maria, the world cup! I didn't even realize it would be tomorrow! They only gave me the case earlier today," William cried exaggeratedly as he sunk further into the couch he sat on. Maria rolled her eyes as she listened to her husband prattle on about how unfair it was that their daughter would be able to go but he couldn't.

"William, for the love of everything I can think of, stop whining about that or I will take your broom and throw you off the highest possible altitude I could go." Maria slammed the file shut in frustration, stopping the man in front of her mid-sentence. There was a beat of silence.

"You can't even get off the gr-" William yelped as he narrowly dodged the ceramic figurine that his wife had thrown at him.

✧✧✧

The following day, Gaia was buzzing with excitement as she went around her room, checking if she had everything she would need. Malia had invited their little group to the Quidditch World Cup, to which all four of them agreed to go.

"Gaia! Are you ready yet? Dad's about to leave so if you want to side-apparate with him, you should come down now!" Mrs. Eruditus shouted from downstairs. Gaia zipped up her bag and slung it over her shoulder before running down the stairs, nearly tripping on the last one.

"I'm ready!" Gaia said, a large grin on her face as she stood in front of her father. Mr. Eruditus mumbled something about unfairness before holding out one of his arms for Gaia to grab on. The girl did so and they disappeared in a flash, reappearing at an open field with multiple tents set up.

"I might be able to still catch the match if our case ends early. You better tell me everything," Mr. Eruditus playfully warned, a joking glare pointed at Gaia.

"I'll be sure to tell you what happens in the most taunting way possible." Gaia grinned as her father shook his head with a laugh, "Stay safe out there."

"You too, okay?" Mr. Eruditus said, ruffling his daughter's hair. She swatted his hand away with a small glare.

"It's a quidditch game, dad. What the worst thing that could happen?"

Mr. Eruditus only gave her a pointed look before apparating away. Not even a second later, a body collided with hers from the back. Gaia stumbled forward and fell to the grass beneath her.

"You made it! Ryker and Aisha are already here," Malia said as she sat up from her position on Gaia's back.

"That's great. Could you get off me?" Gaia said, attempting to wiggle away. Malia laughed and stood up, reaching out a hand to help Gaia stand up as well.

"Sorry, just excited. What team you rooting for?" The pair of friends started walking, Malia leading the way.

"You already know I'm rooting for Ireland." Gaia grinned, crossing her arms as she prepared for the argument that always came up between their group of friends.

"All you three have horrible taste! Bulgaria's obviously the superior team," Malia huffed, pushing open the flap of their tent with more force than necessary.

"Actually, I think majority means you're the one with horrible taste," Ryker teased, coming up to the girls with Aisha following close behind him. He wrapped Gaia in a side hug before crossing his arms.