03 || the man himself

The rest of the weeks seemed to pass as if it were a hundred years for Gaia, mostly because of the barrage of homework the professors gave out to 5th Year students. But as the cold chill of the end of October started settling, everyone found themselves anxiously waiting for the Hogsmeade weekend for even the tiniest bit of escape from their academics.

"You sure you don't want to come?" Malia asked, wearing a thin, long, white coat over the lime green turtleneck shirt and jeans she was wearing.

"I've already told you not to worry too much about the assignments," Aisha piped up from beside her, pulling down the sleeves of her thick, orange, wool sweater.

"I'm just not feeling up to going today. You three enjoy," Gaia said.

"We'll bring you back some things. Didn't you say your ink was running low?" Ryker said, pocketing his hands into his own brown jacket.

"Yes, actually. Thanks." Gaia nodded.

"And some chocolate. Godric knows how much you love your sweets," Ryker said with a wink before wrapping an arm around the shoulders of Malia and Aisha who were on each side of him, "We'll see you later!"

They turned around and started walking to the direction where all the other students were heading. Gaia turned around and squeaked when she was met with two other people standing behind her, her hair turning a light shade of grey.

"Hello Gaia." the twins grinned as they spoke in unison.

"You two just love scaring me," Gaia grumbled.

"Sorry, couldn't help it," Fred teased.

"The opportunity presents itself, and we take it," George said with a tilt of his head.

Gaia sighed, but there was a smile present on her face anyway.

"You two off to Hogsmeade?" I asked.

"Yep! Running low on supplies, you see," Fred answered.

"Supplies? For what?" Gaia asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing that concerns you, fair lady," George grinned, flicking her forehead lightly.

"Alright, fine. Just know if I find out what you're doing and it's trouble, I'm going to have to get you in trouble," Gaia huffed, swatting his hand away.

"And that, my dear Gaia, is why we don't tell you," Fred grinned.

The two walked past her with a slight wave and went on their way to Hogsmeade.

See, the three of them had come to a small agreement. As Gaia was a prefect, it was her duty to stop any rule-breaking from students – even if it were her two best friends who were the epitome of rule-breaking in their year. Of course, Gaia really couldn't stomach getting them in trouble, but at the same time, always got too guilty to lie for them. So as a compromise, the twins started avoiding telling her their plans, at least until it was done. Gaia didn't mind; she was never one for too much mischief anyway.

Gaia shook her head, smiling fondly at the two figures who were now a distance away, and turned around. She had planned on going to the Owlery, since she was planning on sending a letter to her parents. When she got to the Owlery, Nieve landed on top of her head making her giggle.

"Hi there. Haven't seen you in a long time," she cooed at the owl, letting him nuzzle against her finger - which she had lifted up close to him - before letting him stand on her finger and lowering him down to her face.

He hooted, stretching slightly towards her and spreading his wings.

"Yeah, I missed you too. Just been busy is all. You think you can take this to mum and dad?" Gaia spoke, rummaging through the pocket of her jacket and pulling out a small envelope.