04 || a dementor attack

The first thing she felt was a sharp pain in her head. When she opened her eyes, she felt disoriented and confused. She was in some sort of room with teal curtains surrounding the bed she was laying on. 6 people surrounded the bed. They all seemed older than her.

"Good morning Ms. Eruditus. How do you feel?" a woman asked her. Her hair as pulled up into a tight bun and she had glasses on.

"Er, confused?" the girl answered, letting her eyes jump from person to person, "Very confused. Who are you?"

The woman gaped at her question and looked at the man to her right with wide eyes. The man beside her had long white hair, and a beard to go along with it, and wore glasses. He stared at the girl on the cot, seemingly studying her.

"Do you remember your name?" the man asked.

Her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth hung open.

My name. I knew my name. It was at the tip of her tongue, but she found herself too confused to catch it from the swirl of thoughts raging around her head.

"Uh, I think I do. But I can't recall it right now. I feel like I know you," she said.

The man stared at her for a while longer. He then turned to another woman beside him. This one had a white cloth on her head and was wearing a white apron over a maroon dress.

"She's only confused. I'm sure her memory will be back later during the day," the woman said to the 5 other people she was with before facing the girl, "My name is Madam Pomfrey, dear. You're at the hospital wing at Hogwarts."

"Hogwarts," she muttered, testing out the name, "I think I know that place."

Yes, Hogwarts sounded familiar. She's heard it somewhere before today, she was sure of it. Even the woman's name had her feeling like I'd heard it before.

"Very well. We'll come back later before the day ends," the man with the beard said before turning to walk away. The first woman who had spoken followed him out, along with a short little man.

Madam Pomfrey excused herself, saying she had to tend to something else. Then, there were 2 men left there. One of them had long black hair and a blank look on his face, while the other had messy brown hair with scars littering his face.

"Feel better, Miss Eruditus," the one with long hair said before turning with his robes flying behind him.

How dramatic.

"Eruditus?" she said to herself. She remembered one of the women earlier had called her that. She turned to the last man left in the room, "That's my name, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is. There are people who want to see you. I'm not sure if you'd remember them, but one of them is your mother. Would you feel comfortable with letting them see you?" the man asked.

"What's your name?" she asked, completely ignoring his question before turning red slightly, "Sorry, that was rude."

The man chuckled and shook his head.

"It's fine. My name is Remus Lupin, but you call me Professor Lupin," he answered.

"You're my teacher?" she asked.

"One of them. So?" Professor Lupin said.

"Would it be alright if only my mother came in?" she said, biting her lip slightly out of nervousness.

"Alright," Professor Lupin nodded with a smile before walking away towards the doors.

How horrible. She couldn't help but feel guilty that there were people who apparently want to see her, but she couldn't remember any of them clearly at the moment. She could vaguely see people in her memories, the words coming from their mouths being muffled and their faces being blurred. She could recall a figure in a dark hallway, but that one seemed to be disappearing by the second until she completely forgot it was even there in the first place. It was peculiar to her, having the knowledge that you know someone, but you couldn't remember who that someone was.