05 || pretty boy diggory

"You're playing? I thought Slytherin was supposed to play against Gryffindor tomorrow?" Gaia asked Cedric as they turned another corner.

"They're saying that their seeker's still too injured to play," Cedric answered with a shrug making Gaia huff out a laugh.

"Injured? More like they're just afraid of the weather," she scoffed.

For the past couple days, the weather at Hogwarts had been absolutely horrible. Gaia had planned on having practices with the Ravenclaw Quidditch team but decided against it when she saw just how bad the weather was. Besides, they weren't playing anytime too soon.

"Isn't that a little mean?" Cedric asked as he cocked an eyebrow and glanced at Gaia with a teasing smile.

"What's mean is throwing Hufflepuff under the bus like that," Gaia said, rolling her eyes, "Gryffindor's been practicing for weeks now. Don't get me wrong, I love their team, but seems a bit unfair that Hufflepuff only gets less than a week to practice?"

"Who ever said that we haven't been practicing?" he smirked.

"Oh? So, did you scheme with Flint to take down Gryffindor's chance at the Quidditch cup?" Gaia asked teasingly.

Cedric laughed and shook his head.

After the attack, the professors decided that it would be better if the prefects patrolled in pairs or groups. Gaia was paired with Cedric Diggory, a Hufflepuff in her year who just so happened to share Gaia's struggle of being a prefect and the Quidditch Captain. The actually got along quite well, both of them being Quidditch captains certainly helped, and the patrols they had to do became a nice time to chat with each other.

"I'm hurt that you'd think so low of me, Gaia," Cedric answered in mock hurt.

"Sorry, pretty boy. Did I hurt your feelings?" Gaia cooed mockingly at him as she stood on her toes to get in his face.

Another thing about Cedric is the reputation he's gained with students, mostly female, in their year. Scratch that, probably through the whole school. Cedric Diggory: the tall, handsome, physical-embodiment-of-a-Hufflepuff who was as smart as he was athletic - or as Fred and George liked to call him, 'Pretty Boy Diggory'.

But for what it's worth, Cedric did live up to his reputation. He was undoubtedly attractive, and clearly one of the taller boys in their year. Despite being well gifted in the academic and athletic department, he was surprisingly humble about it and remained kind to everyone.

"The only way you'd be able to hurt my feelings is if you could actually reach my height." Cedric grinned, laughing as he pushed her away, "Besides, I'm not the only 'pretty one' between the two of us."

The little secret about the Eruditus sisters' veela blood spread fairly quickly that year, the students immediately noticing when Gaia had come back to Hogwarts seeming significantly more attractive to them.

"You flirting with me, Diggory?" Gaia raised an eyebrow.

"I could've been, but I'm quite sure Weasley's already got you wrapped around his finger," Cedric retorted, making her fac flush.

One more thing about Cedric, he could flirt with someone light-heartedly and still be able to bully them at the same time.

"Shut up," Gaia muttered, not bothering to suppress the pink that was seeping into her hair.

His laugh filled the empty corridor, which turned into a yelp when Gaia shoved him roughly, her own laugh replacing his afterwards.

✧✧✧