08 || black

The best word to describe Gaia at the very moment was irritated. No, more like - exasperated. Now, she was quite aware of just how much trouble her darling little cousin got into, but she really hadn't expected to find the boy involved with some sort of twisted event each year.

The Dark Lord hiding in one of their teacher's turban just to get some stone? Well, Harry was bound to meet the awful man anyway. A giant snake slithering around in the school? Unconventional, but it made sense that Harry would be involved being able to speak Parseltongue and all. A murderer on the loose? - Okay, no. Gaia was starting to notice a pattern and it was one that she preferred not to exist.

On her way to the Hospital Wing, she muttered to herself as she went through different ways to somehow keep the boy out of trouble for even just a single year. At the doors leading to the said room, she found the headmaster holding open the door just as he was about to step out.

"-three turns should do it. Good luck," Professor Dumbledore said to someone inside before turning and facing her, "Good evening Miss Eruditus."

"Good evening, professor," Gaia greeted back as he held the door open for her while she entered the room. He gave her a slight nod before shutting the door behind her.

"Harry! Come here! Quick!" Hermione's voice sounded, making Gaia's head snap to where they were. In her hand was a tiny little gold circle with a long golden chain holding it. Gaia's eyebrows furrowed as she spotted the tiny hourglass in the middle of the circle.

"Hermione, do you even know how to use that?" Gaia asked as the Gryffindor hurriedly threw the chain around Harry.

"Yes. Do you think I'd have it if I didn't?" Hermione snapped, barely sparing the older witch a glance before fumbling with the center piece of the time turner.

Gaia watched as they disappeared in a flash, only having time to blink once before the doors burst open revealing the two third years who had just been on the bed in front of her a second ago.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you, but we can explain," Hermione blurted out, her head downcast but her eyes looked up at Gaia.

Gaia gaped at them for a moment before shaking her head with a sigh.

"Don't. I really don't want an explanation right now. Just, come here you two," she gestured for them to come closer to her, which they did, before wrapping them both in a hug.

Gaia felt both of them tense before relaxing and returning the gesture. Hermione let go first and headed to the bed where Ron lay unconscious, leaving Harry and Gaia alone. They stared at each other in silence for a while, waiting for someone to break the silence.

"I'm sorry," Harry said first, just as Gaia opened her mouth to speak, "You were probably worried, so I'm sorry."

"You're going to drive me to an early death one of these days, you know," Gaia sighed playfully as she ruffled his hair.

"I'd rather not." Harry grinned up at her.

✧✧✧

"Y'know, I'm starting to think Harry Potter brought some sort of curse with him when he entered Hogwarts," Ryker said as their group sat around in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express.

"Lion, that's a rude thing to say," Aisha said.

Ryker raised his hands up in defense and shrugged.

"I'm only saying the truth. Weird things only started happening three years ago."

"Well since we're discussing the truth, what happened with you and Diggory? You've been avoiding the topic anytime we ask about it," Malia said.

"Cedric told him that he liked someone else. He's with Cho now," Gaia answered for Ryker.