Special 31

[Edited]

Gaara

After we heard that Sasuke left the village and that Kimimaru went after him. I couldn't bear it. I had to go help them. When we arrived I went to go help Lee while Kankuro and Temari went to help Shikamaru and Kiba. I was told by Lee that Naruto went after Sasuke and Kimimaru but when he returned to the village he was badly hurt.

"Naruto, do you know where she could be?" I asked him as I stared out his hospital room window.

"No, by the time I woke up I was being carried by Kakashi sensei. He told me that when he found me Kimimaru and Sasuke were gone." He replied. I looked at Naruto then back out the window.

"I'll go look for her and bring her back." I said walking towards the door. Before Naruto could say anything I was already half way through the hallway.

I quickly ran out of the hospital making my way out of the village. I went the same way I came but this time I saw some arrows pointing to the direction where I found Temari and Shikamaru. I followed them until I ended up in an open field.

"Where are you Kimimaru?" I said as I stood still.

I was about to go back when my sand started to swirl around me then started to flow into the woods across from where I was. I followed it until I came upon a body with a blanket covering it. My sand swirled around it for a while before going deeper into the woods. As I followed close behind it I kept hearing water running.

Once I was out of the woods I found myself near a waterfall with two statues at the side of it. My sand continued to keep going as it went back into the woods. I followed it until I ended up in another field but this one had many colorful flowers. I watched as my sand stopped at the middle of the field then start to swirl around around. I quickly ran towards it and found a girl with white hair lying on the ground.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked as I shook her a little. My sand slowly started to cover her from her stomach to where her shoulders. She flinch a little as my sand touched her but after a while she opened her eyes.

"Gaara? Is that you?" She asked. I looked into her ocean blue eyes then realized that she was Kimimaru.

"Yes, it's me. What happened to you?" I asked but she just looked away from me. "Kimimaru?"

"Just let me heal please." She said looking up at the sky. I sighed then put down my gourd. I sat down next to her and stroked her hair. She breathed slowly and her body shook from time to time but she seemed alright. She looked at me then smile. I smiled back at her then laid down next to her.

"Sorry." She said.

"For what?"

"For not being able to go back with you and for making you come all this way to help me." Kimimaru said looking at me.

"Kimi-"

"Looks like my done healing." She said. I was confused but then I saw my sand return to my gourd.

"Come on, let's get you back to the village." I said starting to sit up but she quickly grabbed my arm.

"Can we stay here a little longer?" She asked. I sighed but nodded. I laid back down next to her and she placed her head on my chest.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just tried." She said rubbing her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly. We lasted there for a while just the two of us. For the first time in the longest time I was happy. I looked at the sky and noticed it was getting late.