3

Brendon Boyd Urie is my soulmate. My childhood best friend, the guy that used to play in the sandpit with me, the guy that invited me over to his house for playdates and the guy that has someone else's name, may I mention a GIRL'S name, on their wrist is my goddamn soulmate.

And I'm going to die in five months, maybe less, because of him.

How wonderful.

I have so much to live for, I want to major in English and minor in music and now, I can't do anything but wait until Valentine's Day to die alone. My mom always told me that I had so potential and so much to live for, I believed in myself as well but as of now, I can't do anything but wait for that sweet day of death.

Lighten up Ryan, you're being too melancholy.

There was no one else to blame but fate that bonded Brendon and I together.

I place my backpack in my locker, pulling out my required binders and notebooks for my first two periods before I jump at the touch of someone's hand.

"Geez Pete, you nearly gave me a heart attack.", I say as I feel the beating of my heart slow back down to its regular pace.

"Sorry Ryan, didn't mean to scare you but I just want to know how you're feeling.", he says, I raise a brow and think back to yesterday.

I force out a laugh. "Oh, my doctor's appointment?", I say, caught between my forced laugh and he nods. "Yeah, I'm good. The doctor said it was nothing but a common cold. I'm not going to die so don't worry."

"Oh thank god. At least you're okay.", Pete sighs and beams a smile. I nod, let out a forced chuckle and continue to grab my things.

Oh, the irony. If only Pete knew.

"Also, don't you think Brendon has been hanging out with Sarah a bit too much?", he asks, starting up another conversation as his eyes were glued on the couple.

It's been only a day and I can't seem to avoid the topic of Sarah and Brendon. The thought of them literally takes away a day of my lifespan.

I look over to them, he was grabbing her hips, pulling her in and kissing her lips. I turn away immediately, I nearly gag and feel my stomach turn.

Curse these goddamn feelings.

"Yeah, but I can't blame them. They're Soulmates after all but - uh - I guess we're his friends too.", I say and Pete nods in agreement.

"Exactly! Just because he has found his Soulmate doesn't mean that he has to be with her 24/7!", he exclaims, crossing his arms over his chest. "Someone needs to go knock some sense into that guy."

I close my locker door and lock it, I look over to Pete with a raised brow. He was obviously hinting that I should go talk to him, I've known Brendon longer than he has and you could consider me the closest out of the three of us.

I let out a sigh. "Fine. I'll go talk to him.", I mumble, slamming my locker door shut and Pete gives me his signature smile.

"Thanks Ryan! Knock some sense into him! Maybe punch him while you're at it!", he whisper-shouts in attempt of encouragement and I nod, shoving my own feelings aside.

I walk up to Brendon, grabbing him by the wrist and drag him away from his beloved. He cusses under his breath as he winces and forces a smile at Sarah, she probably waves him goodbye and blows a kiss in his direction.

Geez, they're too in love with each other. If only I were a reverse Cupid, I could shoot arrows and get them to fall out of love.

"What was that for Ry'?!", Brendon bursts, violently shaking my hand off of his wrist. I stare at his wrist and Sarah's name before shaking my head, looking up and meeting his eyes.

I roll my eyes back and cross my hands over my chest. "Look Brendon, I think that you should take a break from Sarah at least every once in a while.", I start off, hoping that I didn't sound selfish. "Pete and I, we both think that you're spending a bit too much time with her. I know that she's your Soulmate but other people like your best friends exist too."

Brendon stays silent for a moment, processing the words and gives me a slow nod.

"I understand.", he says.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank god Bren', I'm gla-"

"I know you're just jealous of Sarah and I.", and now, he had a stern expression on his face.

"I- wha- excuse me?", I stammer out and I feel my heart shatter. "No, that's not what I-"

"It's definitely what you meant!", he sneers, pointing a finger up to my chest and I only raise my hands up in slight defeat. "You're just jealous because I'm spending more time with Sarah rather than you! Just because we're best friends, doesn't mean that we have to be together 24/7."

"You're literally twisting my words! Asides, I could say the same about you and Sarah. Using your own words against you, just because you're her Soulmate doesn't mean that you have to be with her 24/7.", I retort before letting out a sigh. "And don't just say that it's only MY fault! Pete feels the exact same way!"

"Whatever, just piss off Ross."

"Gladly."

What better way to flee a scene is to walk away from it?

After all, Brendon, Pete and I guess Sarah knows nothing about me. No one knows what I'm going through and as much as they deserve to know, some things are just better left alone. Brendon doesn't know that he's killing me and he doesn't know that my soul weakens every day with everything he says to me, he could care less about me.

Brendon has Sarah and if that's what makes him happy, then I guess I'm content.